News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Having vampires fight for the CSA should be trash gold; problem is that the filmmakers apparently believe they are making a serious dark fantasy flick.

Admiral Yi

celedhring

Eddie Teach

It can work, I mean how much less plausible is that than a billionaire karate master who dresses like a bat and fights crime?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 01, 2014, 02:04:56 PM
It can work, I mean how much less plausible is that than a billionaire karate master who dresses like a bat and fights crime?

That's not a historical character though.

mongers

Is 'Joe' staring Nicolas Cage worth a view?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Is Battle:LA enjoyable as a popcorn flick? It got awful reviews but surely you can't fuck up aliens destroying LA that badly.

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on November 01, 2014, 02:17:36 PM

I've heard good things.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on November 01, 2014, 02:19:32 PM
Is Battle:LA enjoyable as a popcorn flick? It got awful reviews but surely you can't fuck up aliens destroying LA that badly.

It won't make you want to gouge your eyes out.

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on November 01, 2014, 02:20:05 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 01, 2014, 02:17:36 PM

I've heard good things.

Thanks for that Ide, I'll give it a spin.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 01, 2014, 02:21:15 PM
Quote from: celedhring on November 01, 2014, 02:19:32 PM

It won't make you want to gouge your eyes out.

I thought it was pretty good.  :sleep:

Josephus

Tried to watch remake of Carrie. After an hour I quit. did't see the point. Exactly the same as original...without the gratuitious opening shower scene--which got me thinking...are we pruder today than we were in the 70s?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Josquius

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- Starts pretty well. At the part where it 'gets going' it becomes meh.

I find it funny that the comic the teen give to the orangutan is Black Hole. A comic about a disease that mutates people and makes them outcasts. Kind of seems like the side of humanity you don't want to be showing the apes.
██████
██████
██████

lustindarkness

Are you guys telling me that Lincoln Vampire Hunter is not historial accurate?  :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom