News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tyr on October 20, 2014, 02:10:23 PM
Walking Dead- So I've just realised something from last week....assuming the scientist guy isn't full of shit (he obviously is)....a bioweapon that can kill all the zombies?...but...wait....doesn't everyone already have the zombie virus?....

It seems like they're sticking to his role in the comics: [spoiler]he's full of shit, and they eventually find out, but they keep him around because he is actually fairly smart, and he's the only one who knows how to make bullets.[/spoiler]
Experience bij!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Tyr on October 20, 2014, 02:10:23 PM
Walking Dead- So I've just realised something from last week....assuming the scientist guy isn't full of shit (he obviously is)....a bioweapon that can kill all the zombies?...but...wait....doesn't everyone already have the zombie virus?....

It's not like the science of zombification makes any sense at all to begin with.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

HVC

[spoiler]The virus zombiefies you when you die, the putrid bite probably just gives you a nasty infection that kills you/people who eat you. Like when the prison got the flu. Normal disease kills you, virus reanimates you.  That's my view anyway[/spoiler]
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Edge of tomorrow- not what I expected. Much more comedic. Military ground hog day. Despite being so different to my expectations it was decent.
Though I don't quite get it. He has the visions quite early, how come the aliens don't track him down...
Why don't they steal a chopper from the army base?
And if he has to die on that particular day... How does that day last so damn long
It's weird that cruise calls a caravan a caravan whilst the English lady uses the American word trailer.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 20, 2014, 05:49:39 PM
What visions?
The ones that the scientist guy says is the aliens trying to find him/show where the omega is(n't)
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Oh right. 

Not sure I see the connection between the visions and the bad guys tracking him down.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 20, 2014, 06:12:04 PM
Oh right. 

Not sure I see the connection between the visions and the bad guys tracking him down.
Its what the scientist said. It meant they were a sign the aliens were seeking tom cruise out because they knew somebody had got inside their system. And given they were a trap... Seems the scientist was rightish
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on October 20, 2014, 05:14:53 PM
Edge of tomorrow- not what I expected. Much more comedic. Military ground hog day. Despite being so different to my expectations it was decent.
Though I don't quite get it. He has the visions quite early, how come the aliens don't track him down...

The visions were the aliens' attempt to track him down.  He can reset everytime he dies so they needed to trick him into going to place where they could trap him and keep him rather then simply killing him.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 20, 2014, 06:27:51 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on October 20, 2014, 12:09:21 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 19, 2014, 10:58:32 PM
Yeah, that was pretty fucked up :lol:

Seriously though, [spoiler]these fucking assholes again?  So soon?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The game's afoot, eh?  :P[/spoiler]

FOUL  :mad:

It's really just [spoiler]another brother going down.  :(  So it's really more of a question of if he'll survive as a one-legged guy as Hershel did, or if he'll die in the end.  I suppose he might die as the tragic love interest (since they probably don't want to play that big of a card with Glen/Maggie yet), and probably do so in some heroic, self-sacrificing manner. [/spoiler]

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 20, 2014, 07:49:11 PM

It's really just [spoiler]another brother going down.  :(  So it's really more of a question of if he'll survive as a one-legged guy as Hershel did, or if he'll die in the end.  I suppose he might die as the tragic love interest (since they probably don't want to play that big of a card with Glen/Maggie yet), and probably do so in some heroic, self-sacrificing manner. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]I'm tired of these cannibals. They aren't even remotely interesting. Having them as a big bad this season is going to suck if that's the case.[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on October 20, 2014, 07:59:53 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on October 20, 2014, 07:49:11 PM

[spoiler]I'm tired of these cannibals. They aren't even remotely interesting. Having them as a big bad this season is going to suck if that's the case.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Well, there's still potential for another big bad with whoever nabbed Beth.  It seems pretty evident that it wasn't the priest (as had been speculated with the car-with-a-cross), and I know the season preview showed some lady cop bitch slapping Beth...so they're probably not the nice types.  I'm guessing the cannibals might set up for the midseason-cliffhanger (still too much, I agree), but if it goes beyond that, yeah, bleh.[/spoiler]

garbon

That's true, that's true.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Here's what I learned from watching shows like 24 and Homeland.

If I'm ever going to be a terrorist, I must remind myself not to have a meeting, an apartment, an office across the street from an abandoned warehouse where I can be spied on by intelligence agents.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Savonarola

Quote from: Josephus on October 20, 2014, 08:32:11 PM
Here's what I learned from watching shows like 24 and Homeland.

If I'm ever going to be a terrorist,

Shocking new development; a radical Maltese-Canadian terror group "The Knights of the Crimson King" has taken Taylor Swift hostage.  They demand a Pink Floyd reunion tour with Roger Waters, or else!   :ph34r:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock