Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2014, 08:47:16 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 15, 2014, 07:25:36 PM
Saw Blue Velvet again.

I always get Blue Velvet confused with National Velvet.  Come to think of it, the image of Dennis Hopper chewing on a teen Liz Taylor's clothes says a lot more about me than I want to know.

Just think how sexy the line "Baby wants to FUCK!" would be if she had said it. Well, maybe wait until A Place in the Sun...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Moonrise Kingdom, thanks Netflix. Loved it. That's the 3rd Wes Anderson I've seen and all have been top quality (favourite is probably Budapest Hotel), so now I'm definitely getting the remaining even if one of them appears to be a stop motion picture.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Habbaku

Fantastic Mr. Fox is excellent as well, Liep.  I think you'll like it as much as the others.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

http://www.sporcle.com/games/paultoes/100_best_scifi

Something for Ide. A quiz with screen grabs from sci-fi movies, you name the film.

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 16, 2014, 11:32:06 AM

Something for Ide. A quiz with screen grabs from sci-fi movies, you name the film.

I'm not the typing type, but nice to click through.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

The Salvation

Danish western inspired by spaghetti-western à la Leone (Flæskesteg-western?)
Shot on digital, desaturated trendy look so looking a bit weird (specially at night) with that italo esthetic.
Worth watching for seeing Cantona as a Corsican (!) henchman.
Eva Green also [spoiler]she does not speak much to say the least[/spoiler]

Mads Mikkelsen as Jon, a veteran of the Second Schleswig War, tries to follow the American dream in the Far West [spoiler]might have benefited from staying under the Prussian yoke since he would avoided lawlessness in the US frontier.[/spoiler]

Syt

87. I'm ashamed for not recognizing World on a Wire and Alphaville.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

I got 78. Never heard of either of those.

celedhring

96 - there's several I could guess from the clues in the captions rather than the still itself.

Missed:

- Fantastic Planet
- American Astronaut
- Je t'aime
- World on a Wire

11B4V

Two movies on the list tonite;

Mibu Gishi Den (When the Last Sword Is Drawn)

Take Shelter
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

Take Shelter is one of the best movies of the last few years.  Michael Shannon deserves an Oscar, dammit.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

55/100  :Embarrass:

I couldn't remember the titles of about 15 movies I had seen.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 16, 2014, 09:18:48 PM
I couldn't remember the titles of about 15 movies I had seen.

Yeah, my memory got fuzzy on a dozen or so.  So I quit.

Ed Anger

You gotta type the answer? Lame.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 16, 2014, 10:14:35 PM
You gotta type the answer? Lame.

Your result would be "Hitler' anyway.