News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Ideologue on July 21, 2014, 11:05:46 AM
Just somewhat blindly bought Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion.  It's CDM's favorite movie. :)

Gian Maria Volonte is certainly wild on that one. :) Bit disappointed when I watched after al the hype though.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on July 22, 2014, 12:47:17 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 21, 2014, 10:14:09 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2014, 10:12:32 PM
Dangerous Liaisons.  Now that's the kind of love story with real life endings.

Being laughed out of the opera? :D

Cruel Intentions is CDM's second favorite movie.

:hmm:

Apparently that had two direct to video sequels (or one was a prequel) with Amy Adams.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on July 22, 2014, 03:19:58 AM
X-Men (2000).  I was there and I can't even remember how cool this must've been in 2000.  Today the comparatively small story told by the first modern superhero film is quaint--and more than a little refreshing.  Of course, what really sticks out like a sore thumb is how even the very first X-Men feature film, made eleven years before, has better-looking VFX than X-Men: First Class.  And what comes off as depressing now is that it's the first in the unending line of Wolverine ft. Professor X and Magneto shows that the franchise still hasn't grown out of--but, there's no use in blaming X-Men '00 for that.

And maybe they just give him more to do, but, yeah, Fassbender really is better than McKellen.  Sure, it's degrees of A+, but that's my judgment.

B+

"You know what happens when a toad gets struck by lightning?"
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

My kid is super pumped to see the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

As a Torontonian, I have mixed feelings about a movie featuring a gun-toting raccoon.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on July 22, 2014, 10:26:25 AM
As a Torontonian, I have mixed feelings about a movie featuring a gun-toting raccoon.  ;)
There's guns everywhere in the US, even the racoons need to protect themselves! :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 22, 2014, 10:07:41 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 22, 2014, 12:47:17 AM
Cruel Intentions is CDM's second favorite movie.
Apparently that had two direct to video sequels (or one was a prequel) with Amy Adams.

:whistle:

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on July 22, 2014, 10:46:29 AM
There's guns everywhere in the US, even the racoons need to protect themselves! :)

More to the point, Toronto is known for its huge population of aggressive racoons. The last thing we need if to have them armed.  :D

Toronto is the "racoon capital of the world".

http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/episodes/raccoon-nation

Man vs. Racoon: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/living-with-our-resident-evil/article625156/
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

QuoteMore to the point, Toronto is known for its huge population of aggressive racoons. The last thing we need if to have them armed. 

Especially with those creepy midget man-hands of theirs.  Could probably work the action on a semi-auto decocker better than Caliga.  MAH OPPOSABLE THUMBS

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 22, 2014, 11:08:29 AM
QuoteMore to the point, Toronto is known for its huge population of aggressive racoons. The last thing we need if to have them armed. 

Especially with those creepy midget man-hands of theirs.  Could probably work the action on a semi-auto decocker better than Caliga.  MAH OPPOSABLE THUMBS

:lol:

... facts are facts, though. They probably could.  :(

Valmy

I like driving around central Austin at night seeing all the raccoons dash to the drains when your car's headlights hit the street.  It is quite freaky.

Do you also have Possums?  Those dudes are everywhere as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 21, 2014, 10:16:13 PM
I don't recall liking Four Weddings and a Funeral but perhaps I was in the wrong head space at the time.

The two big takeaways from that movie for me were:

1. Rowan Atkinson's inept Anglican Priest

2. A strong desire to murder Hugh Grant's character.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on July 22, 2014, 11:01:18 AM
Quote from: viper37 on July 22, 2014, 10:46:29 AM

More to the point, Toronto is known for its huge population of aggressive racoons. The last thing we need if to have them armed.  :D

Toronto is the "racoon capital of the world".

http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/episodes/raccoon-nation

Man vs. Racoon: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/living-with-our-resident-evil/article625156/
From what I saw of Ottawa, they too have a huge racoon problem.
There's only a few of them here, and they're a real pest.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Quote from: Malthus on July 22, 2014, 11:15:17 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 22, 2014, 11:08:29 AM

:lol:

... facts are facts, though. They probably could.  :(

And they're strong. Here's one dragging away a 28 pound bag of cat food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7891QIgOCaE
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 22, 2014, 11:57:40 AM
I like driving around central Austin at night seeing all the raccoons dash to the drains when your car's headlights hit the street.  It is quite freaky.

Do you also have Possums?  Those dudes are everywhere as well.

Just starting to. I saw the first one ever in Toronto maybe five years ago. Apparently, what with global warming and all, their range has just extended this far north.

I was all "WTF is THAT!" Looked like a GIGANTIC rat.  :lol:

Norgy

I liked the gay Scotsmen and Rowan Atkinson. Also I have a boner for Kirstin Scott Thomas.  :ph34r: :bowler:
Post British woman make Norwegian male grunt.