News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I think I'm the one who coined that argument.  Although I think I preferred 'John Carter of Mars'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

I liked Prince of Tides.  It was no Random Hearts, though.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on December 02, 2013, 09:29:35 PM
I think I'm the one who coined that argument.  Although I think I preferred 'John Carter of Mars'.

I've been listening to A Princess of Mars on tape.  I like John Carter in the movie better.  He's 1)not a braggart; 2)not as much of a racist (and his crimes against humanity are minimized, if not retconned); and 3)has a tragic backstory brought to life with powerfully effective cross-cutting. :cry:

It's possible I just haven't gotten to (3) in the novel yet.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Oh, and Tron: Legacy is surely amongst the most aesthetically perfect movie ever, with its austere yet monumental production design and its use of a limited but vivid color palette hovering against endless seas of black.

Forget the story (which is also pretty good): if you don't see how beautiful Tron: Legacy is, check your eyes, and if they're fine, maybe you just weren't into this whole "moving picture" business in the first place.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I'm not a big fan of Tron. Either the old one or the new one.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Ide really needs to be beaten with a sack of quarters.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

The Final Countdown is the finest movie ever.

Ideologue

I certainly enjoyed it.

Katmai: do you even like your job?
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 02, 2013, 10:21:58 PM
Oh, and Tron: Legacy is surely amongst the most aesthetically perfect movie ever, with its austere yet monumental production design and its use of a limited but vivid color palette hovering against endless seas of black.

Forget the story (which is also pretty good): if you don't see how beautiful Tron: Legacy is, check your eyes, and if they're fine, maybe you just weren't into this whole "moving picture" business in the first place.

Olivia Wilde's little pixie bob and bare, nom-nom-nomable shoulders.  That's it. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2013, 10:27:09 PM

Kirk Douglas' little pixie bob and bare, nom-nom-nomable shoulders.  That's it. 

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 02, 2013, 10:32:36 PM

Kirk Douglas' little pixie bob and bare, nom-nom-nomable shoulders.  That's it.

:lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 02, 2013, 10:34:47 PM

F-14's and Zeros. What more do you need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyjNInIH4Hw

Gotta give the little bastard props for at least trying to go ack-ack.   Never would've heard the end of it in the ready room.

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on December 02, 2013, 10:29:53 PM
I certainly enjoyed it.

Katmai: do you even like your job?
Yes unlike you I love my job.
I also know Tron legacy is drek.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son