Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on November 30, 2013, 07:04:39 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 30, 2013, 07:01:53 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 30, 2013, 06:25:48 PM
He is from New Zealand you dork.
I would think you would be the last person to be super, super racist, Mr. Spic.

:huh:

The pro-Urbanites are a nasty bloc indeed.

Ideologue

I thought you liked Dredd.  It was everything you ever wanted when you first became a cop, plus a motorcycle.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

I liked Dredd.  What's that got to do with goofing on Neil's and garbon's sexual idolatry?

CountDeMoney

From the Irony Dept.

QuotePublicist: 'Fast & Furious' star dies in car crash

By Associated Press, Updated: Saturday, November 30, 10:46 PM

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. — Paul Walker, the star of the "Fast & Furious" movie series, died Saturday in a car crash that killed two people north of Los Angeles, his publicist said. He was 40.

Walker died Saturday afternoon, Ame Van Iden told the Associated Press.

A statement on the actor's Facebook page said he was a passenger in a friend's car, and that Walker was in the area to attend a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide.

"We ... are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news," the statement said.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's department said that deputies found a car engulfed in flames when they responded to a report of a collision in the community of Valencia. Two people who were found in the car were pronounced dead at the scene.

The Santa Clarita Signal reports a red Porsche crashed into a light pole and tree and burst into flames.

Walker was working on "Fast & Furious 7" at the time of his death. He also starred in the suspense drama, "Hours," which is set for release this month.

And yet Vin Diesel lives.  Yay, us.

MadImmortalMan

Saw The Hobbit again last night on HBO. It finally clicked in my brain that Radagast was the seventh Doctor.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2013, 10:56:03 PM
And yet Vin Diesel lives.  Yay, us.
On the other hand, Fast&Furious 2 with Walker and no Diesel was crap.  It's one of those mysteries of the universe, I guess.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Saw Thor.  We were supposed to see Hunger Games, but it was full, so I was mighty pleased.  Thankfully, my young cousin didn't complain, I was paying for the tickets anyway.

It's a very nice movie, better than Thor #1, imho, nearly on par with the Avengers.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Darth Wagtaros

I agree that it was better than the first Thor by a long shot.  Not as good as The Avengers though.
PDH!

Kleves

Paul Walker might be dead, but at least we all can thank God that Karl Urban yet lives.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Ideologue

Fast and Furious: Mega-City One.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Karl Urban was great in Dredd and LotR and Star Trek, but he's no Chris HamHemsworth.

Paul Walker died in a horrific crash? Or is that the review of his last movie?

Anyways, Paul Walker crashing fatally with a high powered car - another case of an artist sacrificing himself for his craft?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

he wasn't the one driving.

Viking

Quote from: Syt on December 01, 2013, 12:23:54 PM
Karl Urban was great in Dredd and LotR and Star Trek, but he's no Chris HamHemsworth.

Paul Walker died in a horrific crash? Or is that the review of his last movie?

Anyways, Paul Walker crashing fatally with a high powered car - another case of an artist sacrificing himself for his craft?

He was on the way to a charity event for the Philippines typhoon victims.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on December 01, 2013, 05:34:58 PM

He was on the way to a charity event for the Philippines typhoon victims.

So speed was a factor in both cases.