And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2013, 01:02:30 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 28, 2013, 01:01:59 PM
I only know of one kind of Pizza, Pepperoni and Cheese, there are no other kinds of pizza.

:console:

Europeans are weird.  They like their food as bland and homogenous as their races.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2013, 01:10:23 PM
I only know of one kind of Pizza, Pepperoni and Cheese, there are no other kinds of pizza.

Europeans are weird.  They like their food as bland and homogenous as their races.

I learned how to eat pizza in Palo Alto. This has nothing to do with Europe.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Barrister

Except that even the Italians put all kinds of stuff on their pizzas...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on June 28, 2013, 01:03:22 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2013, 12:58:56 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 28, 2013, 12:40:55 PM
Cold pizza is even better.  In fact the main reason to order pizza is to have it cold the next day.

Depends on the type of pizza.

Mushrooms and Anchovies are abominations from the pit of hell.

My point is that there are different types of pizza that do well cold and ones that do not.

vs.

as two examples. Latter isn't so great when cold.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2013, 12:58:56 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 28, 2013, 12:40:55 PM
Cold pizza is even better.  In fact the main reason to order pizza is to have it cold the next day.

Depends on the type of pizza.

Good point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on June 28, 2013, 01:03:22 PM
Mushrooms and Anchovies are abominations from the pit of hell.

Onions and peppers and other types of meat all go great on pizza.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on June 28, 2013, 12:01:59 PM
Neil - is this just you being "Neil", or have you seriously never heard of eating cold fried chicken?

It might even be better cold than warm. -_-
No, I've heard of that.  I just thought it might be some weird way of cooking it that I've never heard of.  You know how the South is, always inventing new ways to fry things.  Sort of like chicken-fried steak, you know?  I chose the least obvious answer.  It seems that all you lawyers are rubbing off on me.

Mind you, I always reheat any fried chicken that might be left over.  That's just how I like it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Yeah I do cold pizza all the time. Never tried the cold fried chicken. I'll try it next time.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Neil on June 28, 2013, 11:33:16 AM
Quote from: viper37 on June 28, 2013, 10:58:48 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 28, 2013, 10:54:18 AM
What's cold fried chicken?
KFC in the fridge.
But you microwave it before you eat it, right?
No they don't.  They are barbarians.  It's as if the invention of fire never reached them.  It's probably linked with that paleo-food thing, you know.

Quebec and US would benefit from more cultural exchange.  We send them our food, they send us their tax rates. :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 28, 2013, 12:38:30 PM
Why not?  Cold chicken is great.
there's a difference between chicken and cold fried chicken.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on June 28, 2013, 12:40:06 PM
It's no stranger than eating cold pizza.
And then they say there's no cultural differences between Canada and Quebec.  No one in his right mind would ever eat cold pizza here.

viper37

The French like their meet uncooked.  The Belgians however, they know their stuff.  Giant beer & giant fries, it's all a man need to survive.  I heard great things about Germany too.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on June 28, 2013, 01:49:21 PM
KFC in the fridge.
No they don't.  They are barbarians.  It's as if the invention of fire never reached them.  It's probably linked with that paleo-food thing, you know.

Quebec and US would benefit from more cultural exchange.  We send them our food, they send us their tax rates. :D

:huh:

The chicken was already cooked so clearly a heating source was involved.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on June 28, 2013, 01:51:38 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 28, 2013, 12:40:06 PM
It's no stranger than eating cold pizza.
And then they say there's no cultural differences between Canada and Quebec.  No one in his right mind would ever eat cold pizza here.

Your loss.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2013, 02:02:21 PM
Quote from: viper37 on June 28, 2013, 01:49:21 PM
KFC in the fridge.

:huh:

The chicken was already cooked so clearly a heating source was involved.

Perhaps they scavanged the chicken from a more advanced tribe.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius