News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Westworld and Futureworld are both worth a watch.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2013, 11:38:24 PM
You've never seen Westworld?  :huh:

Of course he hasn't.  He is but a child.

Syt

Dear lord that looks horrible.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

I was like, what is this, Spartan Marines?  We go from Thermopylae to Iwo Jima?

Syt

Well, the battles of Artemisium/Salamis deserve movies, but not ... this.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Woot, Wesley Snipes is out and back to work! 

http://youtu.be/W37QoSb6Oms

Syt

They also want to reboot Terminator in 2015. :bleeding:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on June 29, 2013, 07:47:15 AM
Well, the battles of Artemisium/Salamis deserve movies, but not ... this.

A highly fictionalized cartoon about the Athenian navy?  Why not?  As long as it's more 300 and less Immortals, it'll be fine.

Here's something that annoys me though, and it comes down to "Produced by Zack Snyder."  I'm not annoyed that Zack Snyder is producing anything, I like Zack Snyder a lot and I've loved every movie of his that I have seen (i.e., I can make no claims for the badly-received Sucker Punch, nor Hoo: The Owlening or whatever that was, although it's supposed to be okay).

I'm annoyed that Rise of An Empire looks like Noam Murro trying to make a Zack Snyder movie, when Man of Steel was Zack Snyder trying to make a Christopher Nolan movie.  Does Snyder only get to choose what a movie looks like if he's a producer? <_<
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on June 29, 2013, 12:26:00 PM
I can make no claims for the badly-received Sucker Punch,

Awesome vehicle for displaying how hott Emily Browning is. :thumbsup:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on June 29, 2013, 12:26:00 PM
A highly fictionalized cartoon about the Athenian navy?  Why not?

Technical Advisor:  grumbler, Athenian Navy, ret.

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on June 29, 2013, 08:01:29 AM
They also want to reboot Terminator in 2015. :bleeding:

I was under the impression it was a sequel.  (Post-Salvation, nowhere to go but up, right? :bleeding: )  Edit: yeah, it's confirmed as T5.

I heard of a rumor that T5 is about a Terminator sent to kill John Connor's grandparents in the 1930s. :hmm:  Dunno if that's true, but I think that would be worth watching.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on June 29, 2013, 03:19:10 AM
Westworld and Futureworld are both worth a watch.

I moved Westworld to the top of my queue. :)

Got Dark Skies and The Seven Ups right now.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on June 29, 2013, 01:02:42 PM
I heard of a rumor that T5 is about a Terminator sent to kill John Connor's grandparents in the 1930s. :hmm:  Dunno if that's true, but I think that would be worth watching.

Hurl.