And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Mad Max B-  It's mostly a snoozefest.

Road Warrior A-

Thunderdome C After Mel blows off numchuck boy's mohawk it's all downhill.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 28, 2013, 01:18:47 AM
Mad Max B-  It's mostly a snoozefest.

Road Warrior A-

Thunderdome C After Mel blows off numchuck boy's mohawk it's all downhill.

I concur with these grades.

Mad Max is boring, overrated pooh.
Road Warrior is a post-apocalyptic cinematic masterpiece.
Thunderturd suffers from various issues, one of which was the notable absence of Ike Turner.

Ideologue

:lol:

OK, we're in an alternate universe where Mad Max 3 is a short film that ends when the monkey saves Max after he gets the wheel and is exiled from Bartertown.  What's the grade then?  I said A+.  It's the forty-two minute pilot for Mad Max Beyond Basic Cable on Cinemax.

Because it's only the last half that's turdy (really the last quarter, but nothing after that is great).

Concur that the original is kind of dull.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

I'm glad he cleaned up his sig tho.

Are my food habits American? :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on June 28, 2013, 02:52:18 AM
I'm glad he cleaned up his sig tho.

Are my food habits American? :)

The epitome of
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

I dunno.  I am a vegetarian.  That must lose me some Yanqui-points.
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Clearly unAmerican as you don't eat cold fried chicken.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 28, 2013, 04:27:25 AM
cold fried chicken.
I like America. I do, really do.  But it's stuff like that convinces me that, ultimately, this country has no future.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on June 28, 2013, 10:18:12 AM
cold fried chicken.
I like America. I do, really do.  But it's stuff like that convinces me that, ultimately, this country has no future.

why?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on June 27, 2013, 04:10:00 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 27, 2013, 09:31:49 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 27, 2013, 07:58:03 AM
Come On Eileen has gotten enough airplay over the years that it should be recognizable to anyone who isn't a total retard with regaards to music.

But the reference was to the music video.  Not sure why anyone would have watched that in the last quarter century.

Oh...yeah, what CC said. :blush:

Nope because as was pointed out, video still got a lot of play for people my age/in their 30s.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

In this instance, it's more one of CDM's quirks than a national failing I suspect. Heck, I'm the only one in my family who'll even microwave it. Everybody else lets the chicken go to waste if they didn't get it while it was warm.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

What's cold fried chicken?  And yes Ide, anyone who doesn't eat meat is bad.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2013, 10:20:11 AM
Quote from: viper37 on June 28, 2013, 10:18:12 AM
cold fried chicken.

why?
If a country has no tastes in food, it is doomed.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37