News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on May 13, 2013, 05:55:23 PM
'A Bronx Tale' was on the tv so I watched it again, possibly seen it three times now, and I noticed some additional good things about it this time.

One of my favourite films, and for what it is, I think it's near perfect, I can't see any flaws in it.

Yeah, I appreciated it as a much better film after subsequent viewings than the first time I saw it years ago.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 13, 2013, 05:59:35 PM
Quote from: mongers on May 13, 2013, 05:55:23 PM
'A Bronx Tale' was on the tv so I watched it again, possibly seen it three times now, and I noticed some additional good things about it this time.

One of my favourite films, and for what it is, I think it's near perfect, I can't see any flaws in it.

Yeah, I appreciated it as a much better film after subsequent viewings than the first time I saw it years ago.

Probably better still, when you can get all of the cultural references; I don't know anything about baseball, just know Joe DiMaggio. :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on May 13, 2013, 06:10:06 PM
Probably better still, when you can get all of the cultural references; I don't know anything about baseball, just know Joe DiMaggio. :blush:

Now you know how we felt watching Monty Python's Flying Circus in syndication as teenagers and feeling compelled to laugh knowingly at references to early 1970's English politicians.

Sheilbh

Started watching Hannibal. I like it.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

21 Jump Street- I know nothing of the original TV show, I guess it never crossed the pond. Kind of amusing, lots of self-awareness and jokes about itself. Not great, but OK.
██████
██████
██████

Queequeg

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 13, 2013, 07:50:14 PM
Started watching Hannibal. I like it.
Same.  Like Hannibal's suits.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Queequeg

The look of the show is kind of amazing.  A lot of camera effects I haven't really seen before.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Is Hannibal actually Lithuanian in this? 

Queequeg

Hannibal: [spoiler]How does a man cut off chunks of his own back while hanging in a barn?[/spoiler]

fhdz

Quote from: Queequeg on May 13, 2013, 10:31:07 PM

The actor's a Dane.
and the horse you rode in on

Queequeg

Quote from: fahdiz on May 13, 2013, 11:19:33 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 13, 2013, 10:31:07 PM

The actor's a Dane.
I know that, but the character IIRC is supposed to be a war-traumatized Lithuanian.  It would make sense to make him Bosnian or something considering the altered timeline.

Syt

Watched Iron Man 3 yesterday. Liked it a lot. Ben Kingsley nearly made me piss my pants. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

lustindarkness

I saw Iron Man 3 yesterday also, I enjoyed it. Story got silly quick, but it kept me interested. I liked it.

No question that the pretty but too skinny for my taste Pepper Potts was hot in this movie. ;)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom