News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on May 15, 2013, 08:44:29 PM
Agree the Wayne Brady singing moments were lame. But Colin Mochrie and the tall tude were just amazing.

Wayne's singing were my favorite parts of the show.

Ryan Stiles is indeed amazing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on May 15, 2013, 08:53:02 PM
Of course it will. Johnny Depp is playing Tonto. If there ever was an typecast actor less like the serious, earnest and devoted tonto it is Johnny Depp. Seriously, he has a crow in his head, WTF?

The story is being told from Tonto's POV, and no, he's not expected to be Bill Cosby's Tonto.

And his character role was developed from a variety of Crow and Blackfoot historical notes and descriptions.

Josquius

Warm Bodies- Twilight With Zombies. Initially I was fearful of what sounded horrific but a few people spoke well of it, said it was actually more of a comedy and was pretty good. Upon seeing the funny opening sequence I decided to watch it.
It....it's OK. Quite a childish universe, doesn't really make sense within its own rules. And there is a unhealthy amount of sitting around romancing stuff. But entertaining.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Depp is typecast? His roles seem to be all over the place.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on May 15, 2013, 08:24:55 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 15, 2013, 08:00:30 PM
Of course you hate it, you hate everything.

I hate Wayne Brady. Otherwise it and earlier versions are alright. We did some of the bits in my improv class.

Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles are sooooooo good together though.

EDIT: Oh. Guess I should have read further in the thread before posting. :D
and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

That crooked cop on Boston Fire is one badass dude.  Developing him into a more complex character than originally designed.

And yes, I'm still watching Boston Fire.  So fuck y'all.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Gotta stop watching TV and fucking around with my fantasy baseball team at the same time.

It's actually Chicago Red Sox.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 15, 2013, 09:47:36 PM
Depp is typecast? His roles seem to be all over the place.

typecast as the crazy ecclectic type. Do you seem him ever playing hamlet?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

He's a bit old now, but sure he could do the emo teen. Wasn't Edward Scissorhands kinda like that?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Ideologue on May 15, 2013, 08:36:04 PM
Except First Contact is not a great movie, but a bad movie.  The only ones worse are Insurrection and Nemesis (and Nemesis only arguably).  Pretty much all the TNG films are trash; Generations I give a pass only because it's nostalgic trash.  I would not trade the existence of all four of the TNG films for the first ten minutes of Star Trek V.  And it's not even that I don't like TNG; I just really, really dislike the TNG movies.

But that is, like, the only good part of First Contact.
Ide, I once had respect for you.  Now it's over.   :mad:

Seriously man, we don't agree at all on this  :cry:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.