News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I watched the season opener of Community on demand. What a load of crap. Shoot it in the head NBC.

What a waste of Chevy Chase.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Fred Willard did it better.   :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

LaCroix

battleship: man, such a fun movie. if you drop all expectations, and dismiss the obvious plotholes, you get some nice naval scenes, including the missouri crossing the T with an alien warship. how spectacular

wreck-it ralph: pretty great movie. much better than many cgi kiddie-films released recently

LaCroix

Quote from: Ideologue on February 10, 2013, 07:39:16 AMP.S. Man of Steel's gonna be better than all three put together.  I can feel it in my boner.

your reviews are most criminal, beyond any other, when they imply or directly declare zack snyder as being anything other than an utterly useless hack of a director. otherwise, they're entertaining!

Josephus

Anyone else watch shameless, the US version? It keep pushing the envelope so often, even I'm shocked sometimes with it. In the most recent episode, a young girl, maybe 6, is undressing in front of another girl, slightly older. As the young girl removes her pants (you only see from waist up) she looks down and says to the other girl, who looks shocked.."Oh yeah, that's my girl penis." And the older girl says, "But that's, like, a boy penis." The young girl shrugs. "yeah, but it's a girl penis. It's different."

In the same episode, less shocking, a group of grocery store female workers discuss their "bobby breaks", where they are forced to give the manager, bobby, a BJ on demand, a young boy, faking cancer to go to a Make A Wish summer camp, persuades one of the counsellors to show her titties,  and Joan Cussack (john's sister) tries to convince her lover to let her stick a dildo up his arse.

This ain't The Waltons.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

The US Shameless is great.
Its weird how it manages to have such silly plotlines as the UK one if you break it down, sillier even, yet it presents them in a much more realistic and believable fashion.

The camp girl was hot.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

A movie about an isolated town in Alaska that is attacked by vampires. How common is this?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

I didn't see the girl penis episode (I've seen maybe 4 total).

What was the deal?  Hermaphrodite?

Josquius

I'm currently watching Andrew Marr's History of the World.
It's rather good. Lots of little well produced stories. Some of them commonly repeated, others less so. It does try to be very global.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Josephus on February 14, 2013, 10:32:02 PM

a young boy, faking cancer to go to a Make A Wish summer camp, persuades one of the counsellors to show her titties

Reminds me of an episode of Sealab 2021
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Five Days of War.

Filthy Russians.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

I watched half the episodes of "House of Cards" now. Great show. Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are perfect for their roles.

Phillip V

House of Cards (US version) is good.

Queequeg

I don't think Kevin Spacey was charismatic enough in the role.  You couldn't help but root for Urqhart, which made the reveal at the end of the first season one of the greatest moments in TV history. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."