News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

I haven't seen the last HP movie, but the sixth was kinda lame.  I liked hte preceding ones though.
PDH!

Sheilbh

I also recommend 13 Assassins :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on December 29, 2012, 04:27:31 AM
Define "feel good". And I think the list of my favourite shows suggests I'm more into escapism than serious drama these days. :P

It suggests good taste goes out the window when there's prominent homo storylines involved.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 29, 2012, 12:13:23 PM
Yes, I agree. It was everything I expected it would be.  :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

I don't think I managed to sit through an entire HP movie after the first two.

mongers

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 29, 2012, 03:23:44 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on December 29, 2012, 12:13:23 PM
Yes, I agree. It was everything I expected it would be.  :cool:

Sounds like a good movie, maybe I'll manage it within 5 years of it's release.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sophie Scholl

Finally got around to watching Moonrise Kingdom.  I quite enjoyed it.  Nothing too heavy, just a nice little film to relax and watch for the pleasure of it.  Also, I now know where Seedy's avatar is from. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

Saw the 2011 version of The Three Musketeers, the one with Milla Jovovich jumping through the air in her underwear and the Musketeers shooting up the cardinal's zeppelin with a canon gatling gun and a flamethrower.  D'Artagnan looks like he's fresh from a Disney boy band.  Much, much better than the Charlie Sheen one.  Do not go out of your way to watch this, but if absolutely nothing else is on it's an acceptable way to kill and hour and a half.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 30, 2012, 01:39:52 AM
Saw the 2011 version of The Three Musketeers, the one with Milla Jovovich jumping through the air in her underwear and the Musketeers shooting up the cardinal's zeppelin with a canon gatling gun and a flamethrower.  D'Artagnan looks like he's fresh from a Disney boy band.  Much, much better than the Charlie Sheen one.  Do not go out of your way to watch this, but if absolutely nothing else is on it's an acceptable way to kill and hour and a half.

I tried and last 30 min with that movie. :bleeding: :bleeding:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

So watched the first two Potters and enjoyed them. Now downloading two more.

Phillip V

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 30, 2012, 01:33:08 AM
Finally got around to watching Moonrise Kingdom.  I quite enjoyed it.  Nothing too heavy, just a nice little film to relax and watch for the pleasure of it.  Also, I now know where Seedy's avatar is from. :lol:
Very fun and lovely film. I will probably re-watch periodically. It reminds me why I want to retire in my 30's so that I can spend more time camping and painting. :)

Neil

Quote from: 11B4V on December 30, 2012, 01:56:54 AM
My wife and I watched the movie and roasted it, MST3K-style.  It was pretty bad.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

mongers

Quote from: Neil on December 30, 2012, 12:30:57 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 30, 2012, 01:56:54 AM
My wife and I watched the movie and roasted it, MST3K-style.  It was pretty bad.

Yeah, the two Richard Lester film seemed to be about the pinnacle of Musketeer movies, though I haven't watch all of the last much later one.
So why try bother ?

edit:
Looks like it was fun making those movies:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

So, after the fifth Harry Potter movie and so far enjoying each one more than the last.

Although, I wonder if anyone commented that we have seen old gay wizards protecting young boyish heroes who happen to have special connection to a great villain who commands wraiths in long billowy robes in another series already?

Christ, Daniel Radcliffe and Elijah Wood even look alike.

Viking

I saw the opening sequence and had turned it off before the titles started. Horrible.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.