And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Jaron on December 30, 2012, 11:02:43 PM
I do not like Jamie Foxx.

Same though I'd say I was largely able to put that aside while watching it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on December 30, 2012, 10:50:25 PM
the climax gets it moving again when Roddy Piper and Keith David bust into Pattinson's limo, destroy his jamming device, and reveal his true nature to the world.

:cool:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on December 30, 2012, 04:40:19 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 30, 2012, 04:20:22 PM
So, after the fifth Harry Potter movie and so far enjoying each one more than the last.

Although, I wonder if anyone commented that we have seen old gay wizards protecting young boyish heroes who happen to have special connection to a great villain who commands wraiths in long billowy robes in another series already?

Christ, Daniel Radcliffe and Elijah Wood even look alike.
Gandalf wasn't gay.

McKellen's Gandalf is gay. Have you seen the way he is perving on Frodo?

Tonitrus

"Tom Horn"

One of Steve McQueens last films.  A serviceable western...though most notable to me was the finale.  We should bring back the Julian Gallows.  Let the condemned hang themselves.  :P

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on December 31, 2012, 02:55:18 AM
Quote from: Neil on December 30, 2012, 04:40:19 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 30, 2012, 04:20:22 PM
So, after the fifth Harry Potter movie and so far enjoying each one more than the last.

Although, I wonder if anyone commented that we have seen old gay wizards protecting young boyish heroes who happen to have special connection to a great villain who commands wraiths in long billowy robes in another series already?

Christ, Daniel Radcliffe and Elijah Wood even look alike.
Gandalf wasn't gay.
McKellen's Gandalf is gay. Have you seen the way he is perving on Frodo?
God you're retarded.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

What do you expect from Perez Hiltonski?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on December 30, 2012, 11:21:18 PM

Didn't care for Collateral?  He's pretty solid in that.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Collateral was entertaining.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 31, 2012, 09:56:30 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 30, 2012, 11:21:18 PM

Didn't care for Collateral?  He's pretty solid in that.

Didn't see it because of the Foxx x Cruise factor.

On another note, did you all know that R Kelly came out with more Trapped in the Closet videos in November? :w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Caught up with Clone Wars Season 5. So far not nearly as good as season 4 was. The Onderon episodes were pretty decent. But this was followed by 4 episodes centered around a bunch of jedi kids (though it wasn't too cringeworthy, it was still meh overall), followed by an (as of yet) ongoing comedy bit about a team of commando astromechs led by a little frog colonel (I wish I was making this up). :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

The Expendables 2. No review necessary.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Scipio

Warner Premiere's Batman: Year One.  Amazing.  A great, true adaptation of the comic with a great voice cast, including Bryan Cranston as Gordon, and Eliza Dushku as Selina Kyle.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Darth Wagtaros

Batman Year ONe was pretty good.
PDH!

Viking

Quote from: Scipio on January 01, 2013, 08:05:23 AM
Warner Premiere's Batman: Year One.  Amazing.  A great, true adaptation of the comic with a great voice cast, including Bryan Cranston as Gordon, and Eliza Dushku as Selina Kyle.

since you're on the DC animated movies binge right now I suggest Batman: Under the Red Hood
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Finished watching the Harry Potter series and I gotta say I'm utterly satisfied with it. It is a rare series where each new film is better than the last. I haven't read the books, but it seems like J.K.Rowling has created a story kids can grow up on.