And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on December 27, 2012, 02:24:29 AM
Oldboy

Yeah, that's going to go well, Josh Brolin or no.
I thought that's what he meant, I just can't imagine it being remade.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 27, 2012, 02:46:50 AM
Dude's still a hell of a director.  Watched Inside Man the other night.  Another A+.

Yeah, that's his most mature work as a director yet.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on December 27, 2012, 02:46:50 AM
Dude's still a hell of a director.  Watched Inside Man the other night.  Another A+.
Do The Right Thing's one of my favourite films.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Watched Tower Heist this morning.  Cute little movie.  Nice to see Eddie Murphy using profanity in a role for a change.

You know, if Eddie ever decided to go on tour again, like Delirious or Raw, he'd more than make up all the money he's lost on so many shitty family movies.  But I don't think he'd want to risk his brand.  He's a middle aged Will Smith.

Eddie Teach

I'd like to see him reprise his role as Santa Claus.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

I would imagine his cut on the Shrek franchise is probably more than he could make doing standup.  And a hell of a lot easier too.

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 26, 2012, 08:38:37 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 26, 2012, 07:36:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 26, 2012, 07:30:44 PM
Yes, it is worth it, even if your plan is to wrap up the series.

:cheers:

I'll just watch it as a stand alone.

If you're only watching one, it should be The Dark Knight.

It's a good film, I enjoyed it; not the CGI/all actionpfeist I feared. :cool:

Obviously it would have been better to watch the first two of this 'reboot' trilogy, for the back story, but it played well enough on its own.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Kleves

Batman Returns. And here I thought it was Joel Schumacher who made the Batman movies terrible; how naive I was. Also: Tim Burton's a hack. There, I said it.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2012, 09:49:06 AM
You know, if Eddie ever decided to go on tour again, like Delirious or Raw, he'd more than make up all the money he's lost on so many shitty family movies.  But I don't think he'd want to risk his brand.  He's a middle aged Will Smith.
Touring is less fun than just getting paid.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Quote from: Kleves on December 27, 2012, 03:01:06 PM
Batman Returns. And here I thought it was Joel Schumacher who made the Batman movies terrible; how naive I was. Also: Tim Burton's a hack. There, I said it.

Look, if you hate movies so much, why do you watch them?  There are other things to do.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Batman Returns is great. Tim Burton, though, isn't.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 27, 2012, 05:11:26 PM
Batman Returns is great. Tim Burton, though, isn't.

I may accept this if "is" is meant to refer specifically to the present tense. :hmm: :bubba:

But he has at least one great work--Ed Wood--and maybe two--Edward Scissorhands--and more than a few very, very good ones--Beetlejuice, the Batman movies, Sleepy Hollow (you're Goddamned right Sleepy Hollow), Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and so forth.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Michelle Pfeiffer in ass pants makes me forgive a lot.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on December 27, 2012, 05:18:29 PM
But he has at least one great work--Ed Wood--and maybe two--Edward Scissorhands--and more than a few very, very good ones--Beetlejuice, the Batman movies, Sleepy Hollow (you're Goddamned right Sleepy Hollow), Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and so forth.
Agreed. He's done a couple of great films. He's done a lot of decent ones. And he's done nothing as interesting for the best part of a decade.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

I kinda get the feeling that he has been repeating himself since the mid 1990's or so.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017