Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

TCM is showing Night of the Creeps :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Ok guys, with most of my favourite tv shows (Dexter, Game of Thrones, Community, True Blood, American Horror Story, Modern Family, New Normal, Glee) either being between seasons or on a mid-season hiatus, recommend me some good show to watch. Preferably not more than in its second or third season now as I don't like to watch back too much.

Is Downton Abbey any good?

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on December 29, 2012, 04:22:22 AM
Ok guys, with most of my favourite tv shows (Dexter, Game of Thrones, Community, True Blood, American Horror Story, Modern Family, New Normal, Glee) either being between seasons or on a mid-season hiatus, recommend me some good show to watch. Preferably not more than in its second or third season now as I don't like to watch back too much.

I find it OK. Be advised that it's a feelgood show, if you want serious drama look elsewhere.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Define "feel good". And I think the list of my favourite shows suggests I'm more into escapism than serious drama these days. :P

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on December 29, 2012, 04:27:31 AM
Define "feel good". And I think the list of my favourite shows suggests I'm more into escapism than serious drama these days. :P

Almost everything works out for the best. And even though sad things sometimes do happen the effects are fairly mild.

The Brain

Anyway, there's at least one [spoiler]fag[/spoiler] in it so go ahead and watch.

Martinus

Ok this was going to be my next question.

So a feel good costume drama with Maggie Smith and faggotry. I think I'm sold. :P

Martinus

Speaking of movies:
1. Are Harry Potter movies good?
2. Do you have to watch them in an order?
3. If not, where to start (I would like to skip the ones that are more childish)?

I have not read the books.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on December 29, 2012, 04:33:34 AM
Ok this was going to be my next question.

So a feel good costume drama with Maggie Smith and faggotry. I think I'm sold. :P

Be advised that faggotry isn't a major part of the show, and is unlikely to spread foot-and-mouth disease.

Martinus

I'm fine with that. I just noticed that these days I find it slightly annoying if there are no gay characters on a recently produced tv show. :P

Dexter was the only one lagging behind but they fixed it this season.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Liep

Quote from: Martinus on December 29, 2012, 04:22:22 AM

I got season one of Treme for Christmas and I'm liking it so far. :thumbsup:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on December 29, 2012, 04:37:28 AM
Speaking of movies:
1. Are Harry Potter movies good?
2. Do you have to watch them in an order?
3. If not, where to start (I would like to skip the ones that are more childish)?

I have not read the books.

If you haven't read the books I would watch them in order.  The movies are surprisingly good IMO.  Not great, but far better than they have any right to be.  They might have child actors, but aren't childish in tone.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Plus you watch the chick get hot as she grows u.....

Forget that part.

*cough*
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

The first Harry Potter film was great, made me actually go read the books.
At around the 5th film though they get crappy.
██████
██████
██████