And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 02, 2012, 05:54:46 PM
Quote from: Viking on November 02, 2012, 04:29:31 PM
I'm starting to like Arrow quite a bit. He's always been the liberal hero of the 99% and has the green tights to prove it. The character itself seems to be well suited to the times and since he isn't batman the show can take some liberties. I think it is reasonably well written since every episode has a structure: villain of the week: flashback to island: revelation of a bit of the big conspiracy: future hints (speedy/merlyn/black canary). If the writing stays disciplined this can really be worth while.
What channel is that on?  I might give it a watch.  For myself, I've been watching episodes of Cadfael on Netflix ondemand.  Not a bad show at all.

I Tamasify it, the local channels won't be showing it until sometime in the second Romney term.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

I'm starting to like Arrow quite a bit. He's always been the liberal hero of the 99% and has the green tights to prove it. The character itself seems to be well suited to the times and since he isn't batman the show can take some liberties. I think it is reasonably well written since every episode has a structure: villain of the week: flashback to island: revelation of a bit of the big conspiracy: future hints (speedy/merlyn/black canary). If the writing stays disciplined this can really be worth while.
What channel is that on?  I might give it a watch.  For myself, I've been watching episodes of Cadfael on Netflix ondemand.  Not a bad show at all.

whatever your local CW network is at 8pm on Wed nights.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Watched Hunger Games. Meh....an hour too long. Sappy ending. Would have preferred the Romeo and Juliet ending instead.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: katmai on November 02, 2012, 09:27:58 PM
Obliged, sir.  Now I'm off to watch Castle and look up Arrow.  Also:  Totally going to see Wreckit Ralph Sunday.  I'm pumped.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 02, 2012, 10:19:56 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 02, 2012, 09:27:58 PM
Obliged, sir.  Now I'm off to watch Castle and look up Arrow.  Also:  Totally going to see Wreckit Ralph Sunday.  I'm pumped.

You should be able to find it on Hulu as well, i've been using that to catch up on missed episodes.

garbon

Saw Argo tonight.

Alright I guess but nothing I'd necessarily recommend and certainly wouldn't need to see again.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I got the whole set of DVDs when I took an interest in the English anarchy.  There is remarkably little written about King Steve and the Anarchy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on November 02, 2012, 09:51:08 PM
Watched Hunger Games. Meh....an hour too long. Sappy ending. Would have preferred the Romeo and Juliet ending instead.

Kinda hard to sell sequels if all the main characters are dead.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Arrow isn't bad.  I'll keep watching. Be nice if he gets torched by Darkseid in the series finally.
PDH!

Count

i've been watching The Walking Dead from the beginning, but I am stunned that it appears to actually be good this year. I mean really stunned. Huge turnaround from Season 2 so far. No more fucking around on the barn.
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

Josephus

I even liked the fucking around on the barn bit. The whole reveal about the zombies in the shed. And then the climax of 2.5 was pretty unprecedented on television before. The Walking Dead is by far one of TV's greatest series' ever.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Eddie Teach

Is the little kid from the first one the dad? Well, if he went into acting, he clearly could use the work.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Heathers.  Still brilliant.
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 03, 2012, 09:03:59 PM
Is the little kid from the first one the dad? Well, if he went into acting, he clearly could use the work.  :hmm:
He's too busy producing/directing films and tv.