News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on March 05, 2012, 08:47:03 PM
Dale's arguments were the best of the group's--primarily because the other's arguments amounted to "But something might happen if we don't kill him!".

I kinda figured he would have to die soon to open the way up for the group to start doing worse things, but I didn't think it would be in the very same episode that he makes it clear to them how fucked up they're acting.

I didn't find his arguments convincing (finally had a chance to watch the episode). After all, he struck me as someone who was unable to deal with their present reality.  Their civilization was over and it is truly survival of the fittest for them.

One thing I do find interesting though - I wonder if the kid would really be so against them if they didn't do everything in their power to make sure that he'll flee rejoin his former crew if he gets loose. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I no longer concern myself with such plebian actors such as Mister Cera.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2012, 11:26:43 AM
I've watched the first season/series of Black Books.

I like it.

I have a friend who would love to have Bernard Black as her boss.

CountDeMoney

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on March 10, 2012, 10:13:08 PM

He reminds me of Spider Jerusalem in some ways (smoking, ranting, overreacting, poor people skills).

I've also watched the first two episodes of Californication. I like that, too. Though it's kinda the same plot as my Sims games.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on March 11, 2012, 02:16:13 AM
Quote from: The Larch on March 10, 2012, 10:13:08 PM

He reminds me of Spider Jerusalem in some ways (smoking, ranting, overreacting, poor people skills).

I've also watched the first two episodes of Californication. I like that, too. Though it's kinda the same plot as my Sims games.

Have you watched Spaced? There's a lot of overlap with the actors. In fact in Black Books' 2nd season both Simon Pegg and Nick Frost play secondary characters.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

The River. It's pretty cool so far.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Will never be as cool as The River Wild.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Phillip V

"My Best Friend's Wedding" turned out charmingly good. Watch it. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Best_Friend's_Wedding

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 10, 2012, 06:59:31 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 05, 2012, 08:47:03 PM
Dale's arguments were the best of the group's--primarily because the other's arguments amounted to "But something might happen if we don't kill him!".

I kinda figured he would have to die soon to open the way up for the group to start doing worse things, but I didn't think it would be in the very same episode that he makes it clear to them how fucked up they're acting.

I didn't find his arguments convincing (finally had a chance to watch the episode). After all, he struck me as someone who was unable to deal with their present reality.  Their civilization was over and it is truly survival of the fittest for them.

I think Dale made some valid arguments, at least from an ethical point of view.

QuoteOne thing I do find interesting though - I wonder if the kid would really be so against them if they didn't do everything in their power to make sure that he'll flee rejoin his former crew if he gets loose. :D

Bah, that kid was a piece of shit teenybopper from the beginning.  I USED TO MESS AROUND ON THE INTERNET AN EVERYTHING

Yeah, I want that kid of moron laying down covering fire for me.  Kid like that's going to be attracted to a crew like his, where he can run around shooting and raping, because that's what 15 year old idiots with no law get off on.  There's no place for a guy like that.

Although, I do blame Rick for not pulling the trigger on him.  Should've left his ass impaled on the fence as bait.

edit: ask yourself this:  would you want Jaron and Fireblade circa '03 on that farm with you?  I REST MY CASE

Admiral Yi

Caught about five hours of the Game of Thrones season I marathon last night, plus a couple minutes of Game Change.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 11, 2012, 12:36:13 PM

Although, I do blame Rick for not pulling the trigger on him.  Should've left his ass impaled on the fence as bait.

BUT RICK IS TEH HUMANITARIAN AND NOBLE LEADER OF THE GROUP!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 11, 2012, 01:02:11 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 11, 2012, 12:36:13 PM

BUT RICK IS TEH HUMANITARIAN AND NOBLE LEADER OF THE GROUP!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just as Shane is compromised by his affection for Rick's wife,  Rick is compromised by his wife and moron child.  :P

ERGO, FAMILIES GET YOU KILLED IN ZOMBIEPOCALYPSES

FunkMonk

Meh, more people to serve as zombie-bait.

TAKE MY MOTHER-IN-LAW! NO REALLY
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.