Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 17, 2012, 06:59:59 PM
The American version doesn't have anything as tasty as that Brit chick cop.

The main chick, the eldest daughter, in the American series is pretty cute. And the young sex-addict blondie as well.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on January 17, 2012, 07:49:47 PM
The main chick, the eldest daughter, in the American series is pretty cute. And the young sex-addict blondie as well.

Have you seen that chick cop in her jogging spandex?  No comparison.  Game over man, game over.

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on January 17, 2012, 10:03:53 AM
Anyone watch Shameless? It's an American version of a British series, I think. Which explains why it's so gritty. The US version, for once, hasn't seemed to bring it down to pander to the American audience. Last night's episode featured a masturbating two year old. :huh:

Damn, that tops this weeks Californication where they had a masturbating 3 year old.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 17, 2012, 08:11:36 PM
Quote from: Josephus on January 17, 2012, 07:49:47 PM

Have you seen that chick cop in her jogging spandex?  No comparison.  Game over man, game over.

Needs pics. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Based on recommendations Im planning to give a try to Deadwood, Carnivale, Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. Any of these I should avoid?

katmai

SoA is the weakest of the three.

Deadwood is only two seasons long, as was Carnivale(?) it might have had three seasons.
Breaking Bad is considered by many critics to be one of best shows on TV now.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Larch

Take into account a couple of things:

- Deadwood, while brilliant, was cut short to two or three seasons.
- Carnivale only lasted two of the six seasons it was planned for.
- Both Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy are still running, with four seasons each under their belts, IIRC.

dps

Quote from: katmai on January 18, 2012, 02:18:52 PM
SoA is the weakest of the three.

Deadwood is only two seasons long, as was Carnivale(?) it might have had three seasons.
Breaking Bad is considered by many critics to be one of best shows on TV now.

Somebody didn't put on their counting hat today.

Josephus

Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2012, 02:13:27 PM
Based on recommendations Im planning to give a try to Deadwood, Carnivale, Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. Any of these I should avoid?

If you care about my opinion, and you generally don't...Deadwood had a great first season but then lost it. Carnivale had a great two seasons, but was cancelled. I don't know much about Sons of Anarchy. Breaking Bad is by far the greatest.

Now, I can't help you out with the gay stuff. There is a hot lesbian scene or two in Carnivale, though.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Martinus

Quote from: Josephus on January 18, 2012, 06:09:13 PMNow, I can't help you out with the gay stuff. There is a hot lesbian scene or two in Carnivale, though.

You realize that my gay interest is not ideological but erotical? So a lesbian scene is *empathically* not a plus. :P

Btw, I don't mind a cancelled show. At least I don't have to catch up with a lot.

Grey Fox

You'll love SoA then. Lots of gay eye candy in that thing. Altho, I guess you hate tats then you are fucked.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Btw, anyone watching Hell on Wheels? I watched the pilot and it seems promising.

Martinus

Also, Glee jumped the shark. It gets even more farfetched and contrived. Ryan Murphy should do an American Horror Story cross-over and do a school shooting.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien