News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Skyline sucked.  Aliens invade LA to steal brains?  Not the first place I would look.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2012, 08:26:34 AM
They did a great job casting Wallace though.  A goofy looking mug, but at the same time you could see why Ed had an unquenchable boner for her.

Who now, what?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 20, 2012, 09:21:31 AM
They did a great job casting Wallace though.  A goofy looking mug, but at the same time you could see why Ed had an unquenchable boner for her.

Who now, what?

Not you, Edward VIII.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Gups

I'm more interested in how one goes about quenching one's boner. Cold shower? Golden shower?

Drakken

You mean Wallis, of course. Reading you I was about to reply that yes, Patrick McGoohan was very well casted as Ed (III) against Wallace.

Meh, I'd have still tapped her. She was in no way unattractive. But then again, a lot of men did agree with that, including Nazis.

CountDeMoney

I understand she introduced rimming to Buckingham.  Ergo: ABDICATION

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on January 20, 2012, 03:25:01 PM
You are an expert in nonsense.

Are you disagreeing with the assessment or indicating unfamiliarity with the Lee sisters?

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2012, 04:27:48 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 20, 2012, 03:25:01 PM
You are an expert in nonsense.

Are you disagreeing with the assessment or indicating unfamiliarity with the Lee sisters?

You just made my head asplode.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Kleves

Chuck Norris wants to make the Expendables 2 "a family film." Presumably it will still be filled with mercenaries, violence, murder, etc., but there will not be fewer swears.  :lol:
QuoteRather than following suit with the original film's R-rated rough-and-tumble mayhem, Simon West's upcoming sequel to The Expendables will be aiming for a PG-13 rating instead.

Why, you may ask? /Film provides the scoop. According to Chuck Norris, as per one of his conditions to signing on for the film, The Expendables 2 would be cleaning up its language for a more accessible rating.

Said the former Texas Ranger, "With The Expendables 2, you have a lot of hard language in there that means that means that young people won't be able to see it. I said, I don't do movies like that. I didn't do them in the past, I didn't do them on my TV series. I said, you have to cut out all the language, hardcore language or I can't do it. So they did, and Expendables is now a PG-13 film so kids can see it."

Mind you, this was just a rumor until earlier today when Ain't It Cool News confirmed Norris's claims in a recent interview with producer-star Sylvester Stallone:

"The PG-13 rumor is true, but before your readers pass judgement, trust me when I say this film is LARGE in every way and delivers on every level. This movie touches on many emotions which we want to share with the broadest audience possible, BUT, fear not, this Barbeque of Grand scale Ass Bashing will not leave anyone hungry."
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

Always: Sunset on Third Street- Japanese nostalgia piece set in 1950s Tokyo. A lot of the manufactured sappyness that is typical of the genre but nonetheless a thoroughly enjoyable and fun film.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Bridesmaids. 

That was totally boring.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.