News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 28, 2012, 04:32:34 AM
There are at least 3 movies with that title, which do you mean?
West German film by a Polish Ex-Pat Director.  It was originally released in... '81, but only recently fully restored and released in the US.  It has Sam Neill in it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082933/
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

IIRC Ide is more of a DUI guy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on January 28, 2012, 04:18:25 AM
Possession.  What.  The.  Fuck.  Did I seriously just commit that much of my life to such a movie?  I figured it had to have some redeeming quality, some kind of... I don't even know.  Wow. I guess I just aim far too low on the whole pretentiousness/arthouse/I-don't-fucking-understand-it-at-all-because-it-is-total-insanity-so-it-must-be-the-most-brilliant-thing-ever style of life. I bet Ide loves it.   :lol:

I don't know what this is, but now I am intrigued.  Mentions of my name in a vaguely flattering way often do that.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habsburg

Mysteries of Lisbon ****
Tree of Life ***1/2
The Mill and the Cross ***1/2
Hugo ***1/2
Weekend ***1/2
The Artist ***
The Descendants ***
The Help **

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Ideologue on January 29, 2012, 12:10:08 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on January 28, 2012, 04:18:25 AM
Possession.  What.  The.  Fuck.  Did I seriously just commit that much of my life to such a movie?  I figured it had to have some redeeming quality, some kind of... I don't even know.  Wow. I guess I just aim far too low on the whole pretentiousness/arthouse/I-don't-fucking-understand-it-at-all-because-it-is-total-insanity-so-it-must-be-the-most-brilliant-thing-ever style of life. I bet Ide loves it.   :lol:

I don't know what this is, but now I am intrigued.  Mentions of my name in a vaguely flattering way often do that.
Watch it.  Report what you think.  I'm curious. :thumbsup:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sophie Scholl

It was on TCM, so maybe they'll do a re-run or it'll pop up on their on-demand channel?

Josquius

The Notorious Bettie Page- meh. Couldn't stop thinking of the girl in True Blood with that accent though.

I also watched Scott Pilgrim again....and it really got me depressed about my old age and wasted life.
██████
██████
██████

Scipio

Scott Pilgrim.  Ossum sauce.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

lustindarkness

Watched the 3D Underworld Awakening with my son. I was good, was not expecting much anyway, so I really enjoyed it.
I know, not much coming from a zombie movie fan.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Viking

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 29, 2012, 09:43:24 AM
Watched the 3D Underworld Awakening with my son. I was good, was not expecting much anyway, so I really enjoyed it.

Wasn't that movie all about Kate Beckinsale in tight leather outfits?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

Quote from: Viking on January 29, 2012, 10:30:22 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 29, 2012, 09:43:24 AM

Wasn't that movie all about Kate Beckinsale in tight leather outfits?

It's why I watched the first one.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on January 29, 2012, 05:28:16 AM
The Notorious Bettie Page- meh. Couldn't stop thinking of the girl in True Blood with that accent though.

I've always had a thing for Gretchen Mol.  Totally hot in Rounders, even as a bitchy girlfriend.

QuoteI also watched Scott Pilgrim again....and it really got me depressed about my old age and wasted life.

That movie will go down in history as one of the greatest over-the-top yet subtle pop culture reflections of all time.  It's that revolutionary.

CountDeMoney

Anybody else looking forward to the new HBO series Luck?  First episode starts tonight.

Dustin Hoffman. Dennis Farina. Michael Gambon.  Nick Nolte. Jill Hennessy.  Kevin Dunn.  Directed by Michael Mann. 

Looks fucking awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lumAKUadBA&feature=related

Razgovory

Quote from: Scipio on January 29, 2012, 08:47:02 AM
Scott Pilgrim.  Ossum sauce.

I refuse to watch that film.  Ed told me not to.  I do what Ed says.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017