News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

The Wire marathon. I feel like I now understand black people.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

Milennium Trilogien. Now I feel like I now understand Swedish people.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Zoupa

Quote from: The Brain on January 29, 2012, 02:11:19 PM
The Wire marathon. I feel like I now understand black people.

All in the game, baby, all in the game.

mongers

I recently watch 'Time After Time' about HG Well chasing an escaping Jack the Ripper in a Time machine to modern day San Francisco; it was ok.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on January 29, 2012, 05:28:16 AMI also watched Scott Pilgrim again....and it really got me depressed about my old age and wasted life.

No shit.  You too can be boring, callow, deceitful, and dumb as shit, as long as you're 22 and in a band, and pussy just falls out of the sky.  Fuck you, Scott Pilgrim.  KNIVES DESERVED BETTER.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Everyone that enjoys Scott Pilgrim is DEAD TO ME.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

watched a movie with Samuel L.Jackson yesterday called Unthinkable. Not sure if this was a straight to DVD movie
or what, since I never heard of it. But it ended up being pretty good. Sort of like a season of 24 in one episode, except
Jackson is one bad-ass Bauer.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on January 29, 2012, 04:24:54 PM
KNIVES DESERVED BETTER.

She was a groupie, she got what she asked for.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on January 29, 2012, 05:44:13 PM
watched a movie with Samuel L.Jackson yesterday called Unthinkable. Not sure if this was a straight to DVD movie
or what, since I never heard of it. But it ended up being pretty good. Sort of like a season of 24 in one episode, except
Jackson is one bad-ass Bauer.

Excellent, undervalued thriller.

HVC

Just finished season 2 of boardwalk empire. Season 1 was good. Season 2 was not bad per se, but you could tell where it was going. I like half face though. I hope he goes on a revenge kicker, but more likely you'll never see him again.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tonitrus

Been watching Farscape on Netflix.

As seasoon one goes into season two, the main/human characters asshat/obnoxiousness is beginning to outweigh Claudia Black's HOTTness that had made it watchable so far.

Josquius

Quote from: Ideologue on January 29, 2012, 04:24:54 PM
o shit.  You too can be boring, callow, deceitful, and dumb as shit, as long as you're 22 and in a band, and pussy just falls out of the sky.  Fuck you, Scott Pilgrim.  KNIVES DESERVED BETTER.
:yes:
Why oh why can I never meet likeminded folks to form a shitty band with.
Seriously, I was really down yesterday watching it. All these people who are 22 yet have fully formed adult lives- which I've yet to get. I was having a real mid-life crisis (my life being half over- mid 30s being marriage, kids and being utterly uncool. Damn you acne. Damn you paradox. Damn you stupid rural town. Damn you teenage social retardation. Damn you reality. Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

And yes. Pretty WTF ending that his dickishness pays off and he doesn't get back with Knives (as apparently the original ending had). But I guess thats kind of cool and cliche beating.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Hanna. Dear God. That was beyond The Room in terms of awfulness.
PDH!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

The Green Lantern life action movie. While not as bad as Hanna it was not better than much of anythign else.
PDH!