Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 15, 2012, 10:50:05 AM
Yeah, but was it worth watching on Netflix?

Oh, is it on the instant watch?  I wanted to see it in the theatre; Snyder is the most (critically) underrated director working today, and perhaps one of the more commercially underrated ones (300 excepted, but Watchmen deserved a better reception).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on January 15, 2012, 03:05:56 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 15, 2012, 10:50:05 AM
Yeah, but was it worth watching on Netflix?

Oh, is it on the instant watch?  I wanted to see it in the theatre; Snyder is the most (critically) underrated director working today, and perhaps one of the more commercially underrated ones (300 excepted, but Watchmen deserved a better reception).

My turds make better films.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Well, shucks.  Thanks for the mislead, Wagnaard. :angry:

I've had the BD-DVD of The Wrestler for about exactly one year now.  I should probably watch it. : /
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on January 15, 2012, 03:15:45 PM
I've had the BD-DVD of The Wrestler for about exactly one year now.  I should probably watch it. : /

It's a great film.

Now, would we have liked to see Marisa Tomei topless 20 years ago?  Preferably.  But still. 

Ideologue

I got it right after seeing Black Swan and I was like "DARREN ARONOFSKY!  YES!"  Then I remembered every Darren Aronofsky movie is depressing as shit and I never felt exactly like watching it, even though I theoretically do want to at some point.  And thus the problem with holding onto it for so long.  Netflix loves me. -_-
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on January 15, 2012, 04:37:00 PM
I got it right after seeing Black Swan and I was like "DARREN ARONOFSKY!  YES!"  Then I remembered every Darren Aronofsky movie is depressing as shit and I never felt exactly like watching it, even though I theoretically do want to at some point.  And thus the problem with holding onto it for so long.  Netflix loves me. -_-

Well, it is depressing as shit.

Ideologue

Statistics prove that Requiem for a Dream and The Fountain are, together, directly responsible for the majority of mental illness in the United States.
Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

Snyder's Tim with more money and less imagination. 

The Wrestler's a wonderful film.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2012, 04:29:00 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 15, 2012, 03:15:45 PM

It's a great film.

Now, would we have liked to see Marisa Tomei topless 20 years ago?  Preferably.  But still.
Too bad Utica gets the shaft.  Again. :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Josquius

Rumble in the Bronx- THE Jackie Chan film.
██████
██████
██████

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2012, 06:09:59 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on January 15, 2012, 06:04:14 PM
Too bad Utica gets the shaft.  Again. :(

Uh. Umm. It's Utica.
:lol:  Still gotta rep the home town, no matter how ugly it can be, wouldn't you agree, Mr. Mobtown?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 15, 2012, 04:57:41 PM
Snyder's Tim with more money and less imagination.

But he knows how to adapt a comic book to the screen.  He's the master of that niche.
Kinemalogue