News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Just watched one of my old favorite films.  Harvey.  Last time I saw that, I was in a mental hospital.  Odd they'd let you watch it there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

On Everybody Loves Raymond, is it me, or is Frank (Ray's and Robert's dad) the only sane, normal person on that show?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

They all strike me as normal sitcom characters.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 15, 2012, 01:38:05 AM
They all strike me as normal sitcom characters.

Less likable than usual, though. 

On most sitcoms, they make all the main characters likable, except maybe they have 1 unlikable character who will be the source of the conflict to drive the plots.  On that show, not so much.

Eddie Teach

The Hangover 2. Awful. It's like Lars von Trier decided to direct a comedy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2012, 10:37:27 AM
Quote from: HVC on January 14, 2012, 10:25:19 AM
War Horse. Good movie but depressing as hell.

That's why I refused to see it in theaters.  I still cry at animal movies.

YEAH FUCK YOU ALL TOO LIKE YOU DONT

Yeah, me too.
Terminator has as its core setting a grim dark future where most of humanity was subject to a nasty genocide and the survivors are forced to live in horrific conditions....
But it was the bit where the dog gets shot that upset me.
And that Futurama episode with the dog...ugh...horrific.
██████
██████
██████

Scipio

Watched True Grit (2010) last night.  Wow.  That's one fucking great movie.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on January 15, 2012, 08:13:49 AM

Yes, yes it is.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2012, 08:19:27 AM

Yes, yes it is.
Rewatching the original.  Not as good, nohow.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Josephus

Watched Sucker Punch. Not at all what I expected. From what it said on the tin I was expecting more of a psychological drama about young women in a mental home (and hopefully a group shower or two). It turned into a comic book thing of women in short skirts fighting era-crossing samurais, and W-W-1 German zombies  and dragons. No group showers. :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Darth Wagtaros

Yeah, but was it worth watching on Netflix?
PDH!

Sheilbh

Agreed.  On re-watching I think it's my favourite Coen Brothers' film.
Let's bomb Russia!

Scipio

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 15, 2012, 11:54:37 AM
Agreed.  On re-watching I think it's my favourite Coen Brothers' film.
I rank it with Miller's Crossing, The Big Lebowski, O Brother, and No Country.  Five brilliant, iconic movies, each with a distinct visual style.  The killer for me is that Barry Sonnenfeld, best known for the MIB movies, did the cinematography for Miller's Crossing.  Its visual scope is only equaled by True Grit among their works.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Admiral Yi

Black Swan is on rotation on cable now.  Saw some of it last night.  Some viscious tongue wrestling between Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis, then Mila eats the pussy of Natalie's body double, but through it all not a nipple is seen.  For those of you who've been saving up that special box of Kleenex for this movie, it doesn't really work as a T&A movie.

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 15, 2012, 01:07:29 PM
Black Swan is on rotation on cable now.  Saw some of it last night.  Some viscious tongue wrestling between Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis, then Mila eats the pussy of Natalie's body double, but through it all not a nipple is seen.  For those of you who've been saving up that special box of Kleenex for this movie, it doesn't really work as a T&A movie.
Not a T&A movie per se, but I'd still say it's pretty erotic. It doesn't all hve to be explicit you know. I liked the masturbation scene too.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011