And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2012, 10:37:27 AM
Quote from: HVC on January 14, 2012, 10:25:19 AM
War Horse. Good movie but depressing as hell.

That's why I refused to see it in theaters.  I still cry at animal movies.

YEAH FUCK YOU ALL TOO LIKE YOU DONT
Relatively few horses die, if it makes you feel any better. Seems like the horse is cursed though :lol:

*edit* as for movies making you cry, old yeller is the only movie to ever make me cry :Embarrass:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

My problem is I am too emotional.

Eddie Teach

I'm a huge crybaby.  :cry:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on January 14, 2012, 10:25:19 AM
War Horse. Good movie but depressing as hell.

The play is stunning.  I wept.

Although it's annoying because it's childrens' theatre.  And whenever I go to a play aimed at kids they're fine and I will invariably end up an emotional wreck.  It happened with the adaptation of 'His Dark Materials' too :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on January 14, 2012, 10:48:05 AMRelatively few horses die, if it makes you feel any better. Seems like the horse is cursed though :lol:

*edit* as for movies making you cry, old yeller is the only movie to ever make me cry :Embarrass:
As a total aside this is the memorial for animals in war:

It's one of my favourite war memorials.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

I remember crying when King Kong died. :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

I cried when Stay Puft died :(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Scipio

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 14, 2012, 01:04:55 PM
I cried when Stay Puft died :(
I cried when it turned out that the coffee actually was for closers.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Viking

I like the way the brits do the Dickin Medal.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Viking on January 14, 2012, 02:30:04 PM
I like the way the brits do the Dickin Medal.
We like animals a lot.  The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children was founded 15 years after, and as a subsidiary of, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 14, 2012, 10:59:59 AM
Quote from: HVC on January 14, 2012, 10:48:05 AMRelatively few horses die, if it makes you feel any better. Seems like the horse is cursed though :lol:

As a total aside this is the memorial for animals in war:

It's one of my favourite war memorials.

Pity it's in an odd place, a traffic island in Park Lane; they should have put it in Hyde Park and pushed aside some of the Diana stuff if necessary.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 14, 2012, 03:29:29 PM
We like animals a lot.  The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children was founded 15 years after, and as a subsidiary of, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals :lol:

And don't think I don't appreciate that.

viper37

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on January 14, 2012, 03:48:59 AM
L'Âge des ténèbres (English: Days of Darkness, also known as The Age of Ignorance, accurately translated as The Dark Ages) on the Sundance Channel.  Apparently by the same director who did The Decline of the American Empire and The Barbarian Invasions.  I... actually really enjoyed it.  I had no idea what it was going into it, and still am not sure I know going out of it, but it was a nice little Canuckistani/Quebecois flick.  Mayhap I shall hunt down the other parts of the theoretical trilogy.
The Decline of the American Empire was a good movie for the 80s.  Over-rated, but good nonetheless.
Haven't seen The Barbarian Invasions, too close to truth.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: viper37 on January 14, 2012, 04:34:12 PM
L'Âge des ténèbres (English: Days of Darkness, also known as The Age of Ignorance, accurately translated as The Dark Ages) on the Sundance Channel.  Apparently by the same director who did The Decline of the American Empire and The Barbarian Invasions.  I... actually really enjoyed it.  I had no idea what it was going into it, and still am not sure I know going out of it, but it was a nice little Canuckistani/Quebecois flick.  Mayhap I shall hunt down the other parts of the theoretical trilogy.
The Decline of the American Empire was a good movie for the 80s.  Over-rated, but good nonetheless.
Apparently the first two are much more related to each other in terms of cast and characters.  The 3rd one that I saw has one character from the first two flicks and only a minor part at that or something.  I found it to be pretty spot on for society within a few years, especially when you consider it is already almost 5 years since it was made.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ideologue

Quote from: viper37 on January 14, 2012, 04:34:12 PM

The Barbarian Invasions is good.

I've never seen The Decline of the American Empire.  Was it: predictive? -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)