And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on September 08, 2020, 05:56:15 PM
Quote from: The Brain on September 08, 2020, 03:53:14 PM
Elizabeth: The Golden Age. Galadriel isn't safe on her throne, and war with Spaindor looms. Not horrible, but not as good as the first movie. There's a LOT of stirring music and sweeping cameras, so at least you're told when to feel.

It had a lot of scenes with the swimming horse, so you must have enjoyed it at least a little.

It was nice, yes. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on September 07, 2020, 05:48:50 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 07, 2020, 05:29:36 AM
I got to the breakfast scene in Cobra.  Pretty funny.

The TV show or the movie?

I don't remember if the Stallone movie had the "pizza with scissors" scene at breakfast time.  :hmm:
I should probably rewatch it. :)

Threviel

The King and Outlaw king.

I like these historical movies. Seems well made and feels realistic-ish,  even though the stories have been simplified to absurdity sometimes.

The King fel like the revisionist real story of Henry V if the only source for him and his time was Shakespeare.

Malthus

I enjoyed the Outlaw King up until the ending - the final battle annoyed me.

[spoiler] King Edward fights man-on-man? Bruce just lets him walk? None of that made any sense! I did not care that they compressed the time line, but why end it on such a dumb note. [/spoiler]
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Threviel on September 09, 2020, 07:17:02 AM
The King fel like the revisionist real story of Henry V if the only source for him and his time was Shakespeare.

It was based on Shakespeare's play.

Threviel

Quote from: Malthus on September 09, 2020, 08:20:16 AM
I enjoyed the Outlaw King up until the ending - the final battle annoyed me.

[spoiler] King Edward fights man-on-man? Bruce just lets him walk? None of that made any sense! I did not care that they compressed the time line, but why end it on such a dumb note. [/spoiler]

The King was similar in that regard, [spoiler]Henry riding alone into the french camp on the eve of Agincourt, the dauphin killed instead of captured, the battle pausing when he pranced around and so on. Also GoT inspired murder of the chief justice by the king himself.[/spoiler]. Historically Outlaw king was more realistic (like Maximilian also), seeing as the King is based on the Henriad. But still good movies and I accept these shortcuts in the storytelling.

FunkMonk

The trailer for the cinematic event of the century:

https://youtu.be/n9xhJrPXop4

(Denis Villeneuve's Dune)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Hell yeah! I cannot wait for that movie.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 09, 2020, 11:30:26 AM

Do we really need a third version of Dune?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Quote from: Barrister on September 09, 2020, 12:03:32 PM

When it's Villeneuve yes.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 09, 2020, 12:03:32 PM

A third version? No.

This third version? Yes. Yes we do. We all do. You just don't know it yet.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

celedhring

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 09, 2020, 11:30:26 AM

Pink Floyd  :wub: