Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on February 11, 2019, 11:10:22 AM
Oh I also saw "The Birdcage" (for the first time  :blush: ) last night. :lol:

Bob Dole :wub: so gorgeous.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 11, 2019, 11:03:36 AM
I don't recall Mr. Rogers ever teaching kids to exercise their Second Amendment rights. Probably a commie or worse, a Democrat.

I so wanted to believe that urban legend that Fred Rogers was an ex-Marine sniper :(

Captain Kangaroo was in the Marines, at least.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 11, 2019, 11:11:44 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 11, 2019, 11:03:36 AM
I don't recall Mr. Rogers ever teaching kids to exercise their Second Amendment rights. Probably a commie or worse, a Democrat.

I so wanted to believe that urban legend that Fred Rogers was an ex-Marine sniper :(

Captain Kangaroo was in the Marines, at least.

He was a Protestant Minister though. I figured you would like that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on February 11, 2019, 11:10:59 AM
Bob Dole :wub: so gorgeous.
"I pierced the toast!"  :lol: Loved that scene.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

I mean, it's not a negative-- just not as exciting as having been a sniper in the Marines.  I did love his show as a kid, and wish my kids had something similar when they were young.

Plus, there's this:

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 11, 2019, 11:22:57 AM
I mean, it's not a negative-- just not as exciting as having been a sniper in the Marines.  I did love his show as a kid, and wish my kids had something similar when they were young.

How old are your kids now?

derspiess

Too old for Mister Rogers :(

Liep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NqKrhmnVNY

New trailer for the live action Aladdin and the Will Smith genie has people freaking out. The CGI is far from good and kinda makes him look dim.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on February 11, 2019, 11:48:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NqKrhmnVNY

New trailer for the live action Aladdin and the Will Smith genie has people freaking out. The CGI is far from good and kinda makes him look dim.

Oh god, that looks awful.  :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 11, 2019, 11:36:11 AM

I was just wondering if they got to enjoy such equivalent delights as "Paw Patrol" :P

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on February 11, 2019, 10:54:25 AM
Quote from: Tamas on February 11, 2019, 10:34:32 AM
As if some random old dude came up to your kids and said "wanna be my neighbour?" you wouldn't be super-suspicious.

I mean I would be a little confused since outside of it being said on a TV show called "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood" it wouldn't make any sense :hmm:

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPDUiYrK4Pk

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on February 11, 2019, 11:57:42 AM

I was just wondering if they got to enjoy such equivalent delights as "Paw Patrol" :P

CHASE IS ON THE CASE

Yeah, my daughter did.  Seems like ages ago (though probably just a couple years).  Last night she was wanting to watch Walking Dead :bleeding:

Josephus

Quote from: derspiess on February 11, 2019, 01:29:05 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 11, 2019, 11:57:42 AM

CHASE IS ON THE CASE

Yeah, my daughter did.  Seems like ages ago (though probably just a couple years).  Last night she was wanting to watch Walking Dead :bleeding:

Well a young girl is now a central character, so maybe they're aiming towards the kiddies. thing of the marketing potential.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

11B4V

Watching The Four Feathers (1939). Better than the 2002 version.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".