News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Watched the Mr Rogers documentary "Won't You Be My Neighbor." Lovely little doc.

It had a short segment showing a Fox News host blaming him for entitled millennials. Are there people out there who really believe that shit?  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Berkut

Watching the American Crime Story Season 2 bit on the crazy dude who killed Versace. Interesting.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

celedhring

Quote from: Berkut on February 11, 2019, 08:54:56 AM
Watching the American Crime Story Season 2 bit on the crazy dude who killed Versace. Interesting.

Really liked it, probably more than the OJ one. The Versace bits end up being a bit repetitive, but the killer's character and exploration of his past is really great.

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on February 11, 2019, 08:54:56 AM

I'm ~6 episodes in and really enjoying it, myself. The guy playing Andrew is really talented. I'm glad the show is doing so much to focus on his victims rather than just Cunanan's issues.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Malthus

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 10, 2019, 09:59:15 PM
Watched the Mr Rogers documentary "Won't You Be My Neighbor." Lovely little doc.

It had a short segment showing a Fox News host blaming him for entitled millennials. Are there people out there who really believe that shit?  :lol:

Heh, the first thought I had when I saw that doc was being advertised (and I admit I haven't seen it yet) was a sad one: that in this day and age, a gentle man asking young kids in a sweet voice if they would like to be his neighbour would immediately be assumed to be some sort of pedophile.  :cry:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Wholesomeness makes people weak. We need to create shows where adult hosts bully the kids to toughen them up. Get on that Fox.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Malthus on February 11, 2019, 09:54:10 AM

Heh, the first thought I had when I saw that doc was being advertised (and I admit I haven't seen it yet) was a sad one: that in this day and age, a gentle man asking young kids in a sweet voice if they would like to be his neighbour would immediately be assumed to be some sort of pedophile.  :cry:

And probably with good reason.

Caliga

I saw "Can You Ever Forgive Me?" this weekend.  Great little film.  Only problem with it was that Melissa McCarthy was playing a lifelong NYC resident but still sported her rather obvious Chicagoland accent.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on February 11, 2019, 10:10:45 AM
Quote from: Tamas on February 11, 2019, 10:03:12 AM

Damn.

Heh what did I say.  :lol:

A man who actually likes kids in a wholesome and life-affirming way just can't win these days.   :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Tamas

:wacko:
Quote from: Valmy on February 11, 2019, 10:10:45 AM
Quote from: Tamas on February 11, 2019, 10:03:12 AM

Damn.

As if some random old dude came up to your kids and said "wanna be my neighbour?" you wouldn't be super-suspicious.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on February 11, 2019, 10:34:32 AM
As if some random old dude came up to your kids and said "wanna be my neighbour?" you wouldn't be super-suspicious.

I mean I would be a little confused since outside of it being said on a TV show called "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood" it wouldn't make any sense :hmm:

The Minsky Moment

It had a short segment showing a Fox News host blaming him for entitled millennials.

I don't recall Mr. Rogers ever teaching kids to exercise their Second Amendment rights. Probably a commie or worse, a Democrat.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 11, 2019, 11:03:36 AM

It had a short segment showing a Fox News host blaming him for entitled millennials.

I don't recall Mr. Rogers ever teaching kids to exercise their Second Amendment rights. Probably a commie or worse, a Democrat.

He once testified to Congress in favor of PBS. He was basically Lenin.

Caliga

Oh I also saw "The Birdcage" (for the first time  :blush: ) last night. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points