News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 18, 2017, 09:46:29 PM
I'm streaming Keeping up with the Joneses and the idea that Gal Gadot can somehow not be eye candy is retarded.

I'm not sure what you mean. Her character was recognized as being very hot.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 18, 2017, 10:03:51 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. Her character was recognized as being very hot.

I'm talking about the hooray chick director thigh jiggle feminist review a while back.

Eddie Teach

Grey Fox

She on a Canadian daytime tv show recently that was on the kitchen tv at work.

Our collective penises(penii) still hurts for all the tenting that was done.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 19, 2017, 07:04:30 AM
She on a Canadian daytime tv show recently that was on the kitchen tv at work.

Our collective penises (penes) still hurts for all the tenting that was done.

Fixed!

Eddie Teach

Does that make you an expert on language or on schlongs?  :hmm:

Duque de Bragança

Duque de Bragança

Dunkirk (2017)

Survival/War film

Always nice to watch a spectacular 70 mm movie, with mostly practical effects instead of a CGI-crapfest.
Nolan's actors are much better than in The Dark Knight Rises, always a plus.  :P

The ending is not as powerful IMO as the previous reference movie about the Battle though: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058740 Weekend at Dunkirk.
The latter is a French POV movie, while the former is an Anglo POV movie. I guess this helps explaining the little-seen French during the movie.

Try to catch it in 70 mm or IMAX if you can.

[spoiler]Didn't know the Spitfire was so good at gliding[/spoiler]

Valmy

Oh are the French not in Dunkirk? That sucks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2017, 01:23:53 PM

Not very much according to the movie. There is one scene though, plus the end recap.

Valmy

Well that makes me less excited about the film. But at least they got a mention.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

They were at Dunkerque
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Savonarola

The Big Sick (:x) (2017)

An enjoyable Rom-Com about a cross cultural couple; based on the real life courtship of Kumail Nanjiani and Emily Gordon.  Kumail Nanjiani plays himself in the movie (and Ray Romano plays Ray Romano, even if he's called something else.)

The female lead is played by Zoe Kazan.  "Kazan" isn't a common last name and, if there's one thing Hollywood loves even more than cocaine or Hillary Clinton, it's nepotism.  So I Googled her and, yes, she is the grand-daughter of the great Elia Kazan.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

CountDeMoney

I thought that was the whole point originally.  IXNAY ON THE ECRETSAY ANPLAY TO EAVELAY ANCEFRAY

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 19, 2017, 01:25:37 PM

Not very much according to the movie. There is one scene though, plus the end recap.

That's rather disappointing, so instead of re-examining some of the mythology around the evacuation, he's chosen the easy path of building upon it?

What's the big 'undiscovered' truth in the movie, that the RAF actually did a lot of fighting in the skies above beaches?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"