News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Stupid George Lucas and his reediting.  You can't fool me, asshole;  I saw the original cut too many goddamned times.  You can't undo that.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on December 10, 2016, 04:51:21 PM
The Mummy: Lacks Brendan Fraser. And John Hannah.

LOL, London gets fucked.  She wants her shit back, people.

celedhring

Westworld 1x06 - Okay, I'm officially obsessed with this shit now. It's fantastic.

I love how... vague and loose the show feels yet it slowly but surely marches through. If that makes any sense (it does to me).

CountDeMoney

Been watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer every Christmas since I was a child.

And this is the first time I've ever noticed Yukon Cornelius has a pen in his breast pocket.

Ed Anger

Fuck Rudolph. Watched the cartoon Grinch with the kids. All 40 kids.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

The little blonde girl in Frosty the Snowman made you feel like you had to pee when you were little.  Don't deny it, either.

Ed Anger

Never could stand Frosty.

CountDeMoney

It's that late 60's-early 70's anime-infused hippie-style animation.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on December 10, 2016, 08:07:00 PM
Westworld 1x06 - Okay, I'm officially obsessed with this shit now. It's fantastic.

I love how... vague and loose the show feels yet it slowly but surely marches through. If that makes any sense (it does to me).

Yeah, I think it was about halfway through that I really got into it. The first episodes are well done and interesting, but it didn't really match prior HBO shows but the last 3-4 episodes were amazing getting a huge payoff from the slow build up.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Yeah, it took me a while to get invested in the characters and what happens to them, but the show finally is getting there.

And I love the music, and by that I don't mean the rock song covers (which honestly I find pretty distracting), but the actual OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDzoUgYPblk

celedhring

I know you can't really fully trust those, but reactions on twitter from the first Rogue One screenings is pretty good. Consensus is that it's better than TFA (which was just okay in my book).

Damn, I'm hyped now. When will I learn.  :lol:

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on December 11, 2016, 07:56:31 AM
I know you can't really fully trust those, but reactions on twitter from the first Rogue One screenings is pretty good. Consensus is that it's better than TFA (which was just okay in my book).

Damn, I'm hyped now. When will I learn.  :lol:

Goddamn Kevin Smith. I just booked tickets for thursday.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

First 10 minutes of Red Dawn. I like paratroopers.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 11, 2016, 08:46:23 PM
First 10 minutes of Red Dawn. I like paratroopers.

Heh, watching that for a bit, too. 

The Brain

Rewatching Spartacus (series). I like TV shows about gladiators.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.