And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

I have turned off JJ no imagination Abrams Star Farce and watching Drive.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on September 10, 2016, 10:22:36 PM
Anyone seen Sully

I don't see how you can make a two hour movie about a 10 minute crash landing.  Heard a review, think on NPR, that was negative.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 10, 2016, 11:11:40 PM
Anyone seen Sully

I don't see how you can make a two hour movie about a 10 minute crash landing.  Heard a review, think on NPR, that was negative.

Easy it involves the back story. RT has it at 83%

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 10, 2016, 11:11:40 PM
Anyone seen Sully

I watched his interview with Chris Matthews the other night; most of the movie is the investigation afterwards.  Apparently they really tried to stick it to him for having to ditch the aircraft in the first place.

Martinus

Finally got around to watching season 1 of Daredevil on Netflix.

Hands down my favourite Marvel superhero, even though his super powers seem to be "having the crap beaten out of him" and "Catholic angst".  :lol:

It helps that he is played by the actor I had a crush on since "Stardust".

Josquius

Series 2 of Arrow.
I can't help but laugh at some things. A major plot point is some super soldier serum invented by the Imperial Japanese....called the Japanese word for Miracle- Mirakuru! i.e. just katakanaised miracle. Despite normal Japanese of the sort that the Imperial Japanese would have used having a perfectly good word for miracle. It just found silly to hear everyone constantly saying this English word in a accent and acting like they're not saying the English word.
And then maybe its just a British thing this.... but the annoying spoken intro that DC series do, the "My name is Oliver Queen" thing.... "I spent 5 years on a hellish island" - wait what? I thought that island was horrible? Now you're saying its great?

Anyway.
Its overall meh. Flash is entertaining but Arrow....just leaves me cold.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

The latest season of BoJack Horseman. It just keeps getting better and darker.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Watched The Light Between Oceans with my girlfriend last night. It was surprisingly decent and the acting was superb. Michael Fassbender was great, as always, and Alicia Vikander was good too.

Never read the book. The GF said it was actually pretty close to the novel.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on September 11, 2016, 09:02:27 AM
Finally got around to watching season 1 of Daredevil on Netflix.

Hands down my favourite Marvel superhero, even though his super powers seem to be "having the crap beaten out of him" and "Catholic angst".  :lol:

It helps that he is played by the actor I had a crush on since "Stardust".
never really got into daredevil. His super seems to be that he's a blind man who can see.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on September 11, 2016, 05:26:48 PM
never really got into daredevil. His super seems to be that he's a blind man who can see.

Plus that mega power of hitting guys with little sticks.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 11, 2016, 06:27:13 PM
Quote from: HVC on September 11, 2016, 05:26:48 PM

Plus that mega power of hitting guys with little sticks.

If they're the right material, those little sticks can fuck you up...especially with a head shot.

I found it amusing that his big thing is not killing people...but likely leaving most of them with serious concussions, fractured skulls and possibly even greater brain damage/TBI's is a-ok.  :P

crazy canuck

Ballers - season 2 is better than season 1.  I recommend it.  :)

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Tyr on September 11, 2016, 11:58:22 AM
Series 2 of Arrow.
I can't help but laugh at some things. A major plot point is some super soldier serum invented by the Imperial Japanese....called the Japanese word for Miracle- Mirakuru! i.e. just katakanaised miracle. Despite normal Japanese of the sort that the Imperial Japanese would have used having a perfectly good word for miracle. It just found silly to hear everyone constantly saying this English word in a accent and acting like they're not saying the English word.
And then maybe its just a British thing this.... but the annoying spoken intro that DC series do, the "My name is Oliver Queen" thing.... "I spent 5 years on a hellish island" - wait what? I thought that island was horrible? Now you're saying its great?

Anyway.
Its overall meh. Flash is entertaining but Arrow....just leaves me cold.
Hellish:adjective
of, like, or suitable to hell; infernal; vile; horrible:
It was a hellish war.
miserable; abominable; execrable:
We had a hellish time getting through traffic.
devilishly bad:
The child's behavior was hellish most of the day.

As to Arrow, I really liked Season 1, enjoyed Season 2, and have struggled to keep watching since.  The Olicity duo is horrible.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."