News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Liège (Luik, Lüttich etc.) is in Belgium, remember. ;)
American-style hazing, not so common and now controversial unless of the mild variety, wildly varies from university to university. To the ones I went, there was none. Of course, bizutage has potential, so it's a trope of horror-style movies.

Liep

Dune is delayed to October 2021. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on October 05, 2020, 02:23:43 PM
Dune is delayed to October 2021. :weep:

I guess it was just too much to expect 2020 to deliver to me just a little bit of pleasure.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Pff. That and James Bond.
Any point in going to the cinema this year?
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Yes, to the arthouses showing classics.  :P

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on October 05, 2020, 02:50:09 PM

Go watch Tenet.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Game of Thrones
9h  ·
DRACARYS!
Paddy Considine has been cast as King Viserys Targaryen in #HouseoftheDragon.  Learn more: https://itsh.bo/HOTD

Still unsold on the prequel shows, but I always have time in my life for Paddy Considine.

The Brain

*shudder* GOT IP gives me ice burns.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on October 06, 2020, 02:21:55 AM
Game of Thrones
9h  ·
DRACARYS!
Paddy Considine has been cast as King Viserys Targaryen in #HouseoftheDragon.  Learn more: https://itsh.bo/HOTD

Still unsold on the prequel shows, but I always have time in my life for Paddy Considine.

Yeah, he should be good at the role. Especially since he's [spoiler]probably only going to be in the first season.[/spoiler]
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

Raised by Wolves, went from interesting to "hey this is getting pretty good" to "WTF just happened"

The 100 - up there with really really terrible ways to end a series.

celedhring

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 06, 2020, 12:38:16 PM
Raised by Wolves, went from interesting to "hey this is getting pretty good" to "WTF just happened"

The good kind of WTF or the bad kind of WTF? I'm a couple episodes behind.

The Larch

G.L.O.W., which had been renewed for a 4th season last year, has been now cancelled by Netflix, as it's impossible to shoot it at the moment because of Covid.  :(

Admiral Yi

Felt I had a moral obligation to watch Breaking Bad, struggled.  Watching Better Call Saul and enjoying it much more.

Sheilbh

Watching this year's Bake Off where they went into a Bake Off bubble and it's the most wholesome thing :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Bill and Ted 3.... It's.... Good.

Did a rewatch of the first 2 in preparation and have to say this one holds up. Better than the 2nd one.

Though I can't help but find the timing of this film about guys with failed potential, along with cobra kai with similarish, a bit personal.

Quote from: Liep on October 05, 2020, 03:10:42 PM
Quote from: Tyr on October 05, 2020, 02:50:09 PM

Go watch Tenet.

Had forgot about that. Have to try.
██████
██████
██████