News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I'm two episodes in and haven't found it boring yet. Helps that the lead is such a cutie.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 13, 2020, 12:11:01 PM
I'm two episodes in and haven't found it boring yet. Helps that the lead is such a cutie.  :sleep:

You get lesbians soon
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Wynonna Earp, Season 4, part 1.

This show has made more to advance the LGBetc cause than any other show on tv.  I mean, I'm turned on by lesbians now, that's quite an achievement :P

Episode 4.3 is a must watch ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

I am sure Lesbians everywhere are thrilled that you feel that way.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Liep on October 13, 2020, 11:10:32 AM
Finished Bly Manor and it's great. It has its weird moments and choices and is more creepy/eerie than scary but it all comes together rather splendidly in the end.

I just finished it myself and I thought it was quite good. The ending especially.

I prefer Hill House though. It connected with me more than this season. The family drama in that story was incredible.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 13, 2020, 03:04:35 PM
I am sure Lesbians everywhere are thrilled that you feel that way.
Yes!  Indeed, I'm sure they are!  I should ask them. :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Binging second season of The Boys. For some reason I can't really get past the fact that the main character looks like Bill Hader's younger brother. It bugs me off to no end  :lol:

The Larch

Aaron Sorkin has done a movie for Netflix about the trial of the Chicago 7. Such timing...  :ph34r:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVb6EdKDBfU

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on October 14, 2020, 07:21:13 AM
Binging second season of The Boys. For some reason I can't really get past the fact that the main character looks like Bill Hader's younger brother. It bugs me off to no end  :lol:
oh no

I hadn't noticed that. But it is compelling :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on October 13, 2020, 11:10:32 AM
it all comes together rather splendidly in the end.

I see what you did there.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 13, 2020, 04:21:47 AM
did I see stirrups?
the reason you will see stirrups in most Roman movies/tv series is twofold:a) it takes a lot of more skills to ride a horse without stirrupsb) insurance will often refuse to cover the actors and the stunts people if no stirrups are used.

Hence the (minor) compromise.  I'm fine with it, really.  If we can have John Wayne in a red shirt on top of a log shooting Indians that can't seem to be able to hit him at 2m distance, I guess we can have roman horses without stirrups :P

viper37

ohhh!  there's a She-Hulk series coming up! I did not know that :) Starring Tatiana Maslany (Black Orphan)

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on October 15, 2020, 01:15:09 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 13, 2020, 04:21:47 AM
did I see stirrups?
the reason you will see stirrups in most Roman movies/tv series is twofold:a) it takes a lot of more skills to ride a horse without stirrupsb) insurance will often refuse to cover the actors and the stunts people if no stirrups are used.

Hence the (minor) compromise.  I'm fine with it, really.  If we can have John Wayne in a red shirt on top of a log shooting Indians that can't seem to be able to hit him at 2m distance, I guess we can have roman horses without stirrups :P

It's not like there are digital effects who could be precisely useful for once in hiding them a bit.  :P
But yes, it is a minor quibble.

Admiral Yi

I can think of a few Cowboy 'n' Indian movies in which the Indians rode without stirrups.

Sheilbh

Desmond's is on Netflix (some of it used to be on All 4 I think) - some of the jokes don't quite land like all old sitcoms. But this is very nostalgia-inducing, remember watching this a lot as a kid.

Also I kind of love how very 90s everything looks.
Let's bomb Russia!