News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Am I the only one now struggling to get through watching the day's news?

Often might as well be entitled "Today's collection of stupid decisions".
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on April 18, 2018, 04:35:35 PM

Its been a long time (years perhaps) since I have watched TV news.  I read a few papers to get my news.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 18, 2018, 04:37:38 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 18, 2018, 04:35:35 PM

Its been a long time (years perhaps) since I have watched TV news.  I read a few papers to get my news.

Good approach.

It's just the one news programme I watch, since it's the last vestige of ITN news and I like their journalism; they were jointly responsible for the Cambridge Analytica story and have been driving coverage of the Windrush immigration dabacle*.

* OK why does my UK English language browser dictionary not like this word?  :hmm:

Sophie Scholl

Is debacle spelled dabacle in Britain?  That's... odd.  Usually it is the addition of a "u" to make the change in languages when there is one. :huh:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

mongers

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 18, 2018, 04:58:00 PM
Is debacle spelled dabacle in Britain?  That's... odd.  Usually it is the addition of a "u" to make the change in languages when there is one. :huh:

I just checked with an oxford dictionary, it's the same, can optionally have the accented e and pointy-hatted a.

HVC

New Deadpool trailer looks real good.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 18, 2018, 03:46:48 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2018, 03:43:42 PM
Quote from: The Brain on April 18, 2018, 03:22:10 PM
Annihilation. A team of scientists investigate a strange area created when something fell from the sky. Extremely slow and boring. And the lighting is bad, as in it's fucking dark all the time and people's faces are often completely in shadow. Maybe it was shot during Earth Hour or something.

...with the stupidity of turning off the lights in your own home even when you're home and it's dark outside.

Do you sleep with your lights on?

Yes. Not in the room I'm in but the porch light is on, plus that little corridor one.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Teenage Cocktail. Chick makes new BFF at her new high school and they go online together. OK but nothing special. Note: less lesbian sex than in Below Her Mouth.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

The Brain

White Girl. Young woman moves to the big city and seeks out a drug lifestyle. OK but no masterpiece. [spoiler]If you ever wanted to see Mr. Big do a fucked up young cokehead doggystyle this is it.[/spoiler] Note: only hints of lesbian sex.

Josephus

My roommates squirting orgy

(lots of lesbian sex)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Does she let you watch in lieu of rent?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 19, 2018, 04:58:52 PM
Does she let you watch in lieu of rent?

Yes . Because lesbians love it when straight-middle aged men watch them. It really turns them on.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.