Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Gups on April 16, 2018, 11:52:02 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 16, 2018, 11:22:55 AM
Lost in Space 2018: B+

Gave it 40 minutes. Ditched it. One crisis after another.

The escalating crisis were a bit much, but its an ok show. especially if you're stormed in and have nothing else to do. I really like Parker Possy as an actress, but Dr. Smith didn't do much for me. i guess she's supposed to be a amoral character, but it just didn't work to well for me.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Gerald's Game. I thought it was totally OK, but [spoiler]the whole real dude thing seemed superfluous to the story. Maybe it wouldn't have felt oddly unnecessary if they had built the movie a bit differently but as it is it doesn't add much at all.[/spoiler]
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Kicking off The Expanse S3 tonite
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

In my quest for finding another show to watch I stumbled upon "Bosch", with Titus Weliver playing a LAPD cop with an attitude. It's ok. Will keep watching.

crazy canuck

Quote from: 11B4V on April 16, 2018, 06:59:07 PM

First episode starts out great.  :)

11B4V

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 17, 2018, 11:31:29 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 16, 2018, 06:59:07 PM

First episode starts out great.  :)

Yip and Camina Drummer is a dirty girl.  :perv:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Below Her Mouth. Engaged woman enters a lesbian relationship with Swedish roofer. Slow-paced and artsy, totally OK in the genre. Generally believable scenes. If anyone is interested: there's lots of fairly explicit lesbian sex.

Eddie Teach

How hott are the leads?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 17, 2018, 05:10:53 PM
How hott are the leads?

Pretty hott I thought. The main woman got a kind of Casey Calvert thing going, the Swedish woman is Nordic and fit.

The Brain

Annihilation. A team of scientists investigate a strange area created when something fell from the sky. Extremely slow and boring. And the lighting is bad, as in it's fucking dark all the time and people's faces are often completely in shadow. Maybe it was shot during Earth Hour or something.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on April 18, 2018, 03:22:10 PM
Annihilation. A team of scientists investigate a strange area created when something fell from the sky. Extremely slow and boring. And the lighting is bad, as in it's fucking dark all the time and people's faces are often completely in shadow. Maybe it was shot during Earth Hour or something.

One of my favourite files of all times had a guy decide to burgle a house because it looked like nobody was home, except that the people were inside celebrating earth hour.  It combines the stupidity of the criminal with the stupidity of turning off the lights in your own home even when you're home and it's dark outside.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2018, 03:43:42 PM
the stupidity of turning off the lights in your own home even when you're home and it's dark outside.

:hmm:

Though I guess with that Albertan oil, you can keep the lights on even while you sleep.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

...with the stupidity of turning off the lights in your own home even when you're home and it's dark outside.

Do you sleep with your lights on?

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 18, 2018, 03:46:48 PM

...with the stupidity of turning off the lights in your own home even when you're home and it's dark outside.

Do you sleep with your lights on?

Birds sometimes wearing similar feathers. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Another lackluster Silicon episode.  I'll play out the string, but without much joy.