News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Gups on April 10, 2018, 03:36:37 AM
Was not impressed by episode 1. Not sure how the show will cope without Ehrlich.

Have since watched 2 and 3, and it's not really rolling.  I think they're trying to beef up Jin Yiang's part, but that doesn't fill the hole.

And for God's sake how can you go 3 episodes and only give us 2 minutes of Monica??  :ultra:

celedhring

Finished The Assassination of Gianni Versace. It does lag towards the end, but it has certainly some really strong moments. The guy playing the murderer is simply amazing - and his story certainly more interesting than what we get to see from the Versace side, which ends up becoming the series weakest point actually.

Josquius

The Disaster Artist is pretty funny.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Watched the new Jumanji movie. Pretty good, same feeling of excitement has the original.

Future US President Dwayne Johnson is a great actor.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on April 10, 2018, 02:55:06 PM
The Disaster Artist is pretty funny.

I really liked it.

celedhring

Finished season 2 of The Good Place. It's the first sitcom that I watch more than a handful of episodes of since Parks & Recreation.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on April 11, 2018, 08:11:24 AM
Finished season 2 of The Good Place. It's the first sitcom that I watch more than a handful of episodes of since Parks & Recreation.

Both those shows were created by the same dude (Michael Schur).  ;)

If you want to keep following his work, give it a shot to Brooklyn 99, his other sitcom being currently broadcasted.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 11, 2018, 08:02:03 AM
Future US President Dwayne Johnson is a great actor.

:yeahright:

I enjoyed the movie, too, but come on now.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on April 11, 2018, 08:30:36 AM
Quote from: celedhring on April 11, 2018, 08:11:24 AM

Both those shows were created by the same dude (Michael Schur).  ;)

If you want to keep following his work, give it a shot to Brooklyn 99, his other sitcom being currently broadcasted.

I was classmate with one of the writers in that show. Watched a few eps but didn't grab me.

As I've said before, for TV comedy I like "out there" stuff like Community, Arrested Development or now The Good Place. P&R is probably not "out there" but it's just great  :P

frunk

Quote from: celedhring on April 11, 2018, 08:40:24 AM
I was classmate with one of the writers in that show. Watched a few eps but didn't grab me.

As I've said before, for TV comedy I like "out there" stuff like Community, Arrested Development or now The Good Place. P&R is probably not "out there" but it's just great  :P

I've tried to get into P&R.  I like it but the pseudo-documentary format is distracting.  1 or 2 episodes is ok, but when I try to watch several episodes of P&R in a row I find it very fatiguing.

Eddie Teach

I find any sitcom marathon fatiguing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Watching the last season of The Americans. Great show.

Season finale of The Walking Dead is next week. Followed by first episode of Fear the Walking Dead. Both shows are favorites.

The show Billions started its new season a couple weeks ago. I like it, good series, good actors.

Josquius

I've been meaning to get back into the Americans. Totally lost track some years ago.

Walking Dead I fail to care about anymore. The name describes the show at the moment.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

yeah Walking Dead has sort of lost momentum this season. they tend to drag things out forever.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011