News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Oexmelin on February 16, 2018, 04:51:11 PM

I wish I could be a Tolkien White Guy :(

Anyway I was kind of hoping there would be no white people in this film. I hope they are at least decent characters.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

There are more than two.  One of the previews has Captain America in it, so that makes at least 3.  I presume there are more than that as well.  A lot of LotR/Hobbit people turning up in the last 2 Marvel movies.  Good to see familiar faces.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

garbon

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 17, 2018, 04:18:43 AM
There are more than two.  One of the previews has Captain America in it, so that makes at least 3.  I presume there are more than that as well.  A lot of LotR/Hobbit people turning up in the last 2 Marvel movies.  Good to see familiar faces.

Captain America is not in it.

There's no other white actors with top billing though yes there are other white people who have minor speaking roles.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

I presume Serkis is playing some CGI character?

Sophie Scholl

Well huh.  My bad.  I could have sworn I saw something with Cap receiving a new shield.  Could have been from one of the Avengers movies I haven't seen yet. :Embarrass:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: celedhring on February 17, 2018, 04:34:19 AM
I presume Serkis is playing some CGI character?
Nope!  He's CGI free.

celedhring

Interesting! Can't recall Serkis playing a non-CGI character in a big movie since... The Prestige?

EDIT: Apparently he played the same character in Age of Ultron. I saw Age of Ultron but I barely recall what went on in that film  :hmm:  I'm either getting really old or that film was extremely forgettable.

Eddie Teach

I think Tony Stark invents Skynet and his friends help him clean up his mess.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 17, 2018, 05:13:45 AM
I think Tony Stark invents Skynet and his friends help him clean up his mess.

There's a point where they build Paul Betthany with a bad purple makeup. I still don't know what the point of purple guy was.

The whole movie was like just noise to me. Really, it made me feel so old. Then again i.e. Civil War was more compelling and I can recall that one pretty well.  :hmm:

katmai

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 17, 2018, 04:34:39 AM
Well huh.  My bad.  I could have sworn I saw something with Cap receiving a new shield.  Could have been from one of the Avengers movies I haven't seen yet. :Embarrass:
That's infinity war you unless twat! :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on February 17, 2018, 06:25:59 AM

Had to capture this before you edited it.  Missing so badly on "useless" makes the entire statement unless.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on February 16, 2018, 01:17:42 PM
Hard Ticket to Hawaii (1987)

Worst movie I've seen in a while but it has boobs and a wealth of ridiculous one liners so it' watchable.

:yes:

It's a great so-bad-it's-good movie indeed. Kind of a B-movie James Bond by Russ Meyer.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: grumbler on February 17, 2018, 01:50:27 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 17, 2018, 06:25:59 AM

Had to capture this before you edited it.  Missing so badly on "useless" makes the entire statement unless.
:thumbsup:

katmai

Quote from: grumbler on February 17, 2018, 01:50:27 PM

Why would i edit, unlike you i can admit to being wrong/making mistakes.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son