News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Toms Raider 2 was on at work so watched it. Wish I hadn't.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on October 21, 2017, 05:29:22 PM

Saw the preview before Bladerunner and thought the stunts looked pretty badass and the chick is obviously very fit.  Wasn't impressed with the scenes of an 80 pound girl kicking the crap out of 300 pound dudes.

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 21, 2017, 05:35:23 PM

Saw the preview before Bladerunner and thought the stunts looked pretty badass and the chick is obviously very fit.  Wasn't impressed with the scenes of an 80 pound girl kicking the crap out of 300 pound dudes.

He's not referring to that one, but this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lara_Croft_Tomb_Raider:_The_Cradle_of_Life
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 21, 2017, 07:50:21 PM
Barf

I was flipping channels today and came across one of the Resident Evil movies.  WTF.  What does any of that have to do with Barry?

Liep

Quote from: Habbaku on October 21, 2017, 07:41:54 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 21, 2017, 05:35:23 PM

He's not referring to that one, but this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lara_Croft_Tomb_Raider:_The_Cradle_of_Life

Yes, but Yi tipped me off to Alicia Vikander as the new Tomb Raider. I'm not beyond admitting I'll watch that no matter how bad it'll be.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Drakken

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 19, 2017, 07:41:48 PM
Demolition Man. It's the future lefties want. A sterile, no fun society.

Filmed saved by a young Sandra Bullock. :perv:

One of the best Nigel Hawthorne performance ever.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on October 22, 2017, 06:14:47 AM
Yes, but Yi tipped me off to Alicia Vikander as the new Tomb Raider. I'm not beyond admitting I'll watch that no matter how bad it'll be.

Special props to this chick for flashing her cookie in The Danish Girl.

Liep

Mindhunter on Netflix. Fincher is in top form and the acting is great all around.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on October 23, 2017, 09:15:34 PM
Mindhunter on Netflix. Fincher is in top form and the acting is great all around.

Yeah, definitely their best show this year by far.

Liep

Stranger Things. Another very entertaining season with impressive performances from (most of) the child actors, although I think it's cheating to use Rob Lowe as a high school kid.

Josquius

The Good Place is a quite good sitcom I've stumbled on lately.

Should really try Stranger Things again. Just didn't get it first time around
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on October 29, 2017, 06:54:24 AM
Stranger Things. Another very entertaining season with impressive performances from (most of) the child actors, although I think it's cheating to use Rob Lowe as a high school kid.

Halfway through it myself. Really entertaining and solidly executed. Teen/Tween angst, nostalgia and interdimensional monsters. Couldn't really ask for more.

I also dressep us as a Ghostbuster when I was of that age.  :)

dps

Quote from: Tyr on October 29, 2017, 06:56:28 AM
The Good Place is a quite good sitcom I've stumbled on lately.

I've never seen it, but the reviews over here that I've read seem to say that it's one of the worst things on TV.