News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on October 17, 2017, 08:10:34 PM
Trainspotting II on TV. Worth watching, Languish?

Reviews were decent.  If you're a fan of the original I don't see why not.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Yeah reviews said it was okay. I still haven't seen it though / passed on it when it was in theaters.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 17, 2017, 08:41:00 PM

Based solely on the fact I didn't know it existed: no.

I think biggest push was here in UK. Gross of only 2 mil in US compared to 21 mil in UK.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

I thought it was great.

Josephus

Ok, then. Will watch it this weekend. :scots:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on October 17, 2017, 04:02:40 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 17, 2017, 03:55:34 PM
Is it really the case that the only way to watch the new Star Trek is to subscribe to yet another fucking streaming service?

Yes.  Unless if you live outside of Canada/US, where it's on Netflix.

That being said I don't regret it.

I watch it on Cable TV on the Space channel.  Not sure about the US though.

I am really enjoying the less sanitized version of Trek.  I think if they tried to do a TNG 2.0 it would have fallen flat.

Josephus

I couldn't believe there was an F-bomb in the last episode. An F-bomb on Star Trek!
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

I know people are going to be all about Stranger Things this season, but the Fincher-directed Mindhunters on Netflix is going to be my bet for fave-rave of the year.  Woof.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 18, 2017, 08:45:49 PM
I know people are going to be all about Stranger Things this season, but the Fincher-directed Mindhunters on Netflix is going to be my bet for fave-rave of the year.  Woof.
I'd been waiting for it since first heard it was in production, been enjoying it (spacing my viewing to two episodes a night)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

I started watching that Siege of Jadotville that Seedy mentioned. Liked it so far, but I had to quit due to childrens.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 18, 2017, 08:49:26 PM
I started watching that Siege of Jadotville that Seedy mentioned. Liked it so far, but I had to quit due to childrens.

It is good. Maybe Seedy will drop by after watching Lisa Ling's latest episode.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on October 18, 2017, 07:05:21 PM
I couldn't believe there was an F-bomb in the last episode. An F-bomb on Star Trek!

Data did say "Oh shit" in one of the movies, so it's not as if they forgot how to swear in the 24th century.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on October 18, 2017, 11:02:13 PM

Data did say "Oh shit" in one of the movies, so it's not as if they forgot how to swear in the 24th century.

Or at least they forgot how to swear properly...  :P

Tonitrus

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 18, 2017, 11:12:32 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 18, 2017, 11:02:13 PM

Or at least they forgot how to swear properly...  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-LlcFPw0vo

Liep

Saw a poster for Geostorm and thought it looked like a classic Emmerich movie, then I saw a trailer and it's basically just the man made 2012. Strangely it isn't Emmerich.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk