And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 16, 2017, 04:59:35 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2017, 02:46:51 PM
Just saw Mr. Robot is back. I'm not even sure I remember anything about the last season. :blush:

Was that the one they did something to the thermostat?

yeah, and it was all a dream or something. Don't remember much of it either
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Watched the first few episodes of Star Trek Discovery. Went into it thinking I would hate it but turns out I like it quite a lot. Got me hooked  :blush:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Netflix is making 80 original movies next year.. have they made one that's good so far?

https://www.avclub.com/holy-shit-netflix-wants-to-release-80-original-films-n-1819599789?rev=1508200647494&utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing

From wikipedia: Untitled Adam Sandler film[281]   Comedy   TBA
Untitled Adam Sandler film[281]   Comedy   TBA

:hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

Quote from: Liep on October 14, 2017, 09:12:33 AM
Alien Covenant

What a turd of a movie.

I wasn't too impressed with it either.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on October 16, 2017, 07:55:07 PM
Netflix is making 80 original movies next year.. have they made one that's good so far?

The one with Kevin James as a spy novelist mistaken for a spy was ok.

They're much better at tv though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on October 16, 2017, 07:55:07 PM

Beasts of No Nation should've won Best Picture in 2015.  That was one that's good so far.

The Siege of Jadotville is pretty good, too.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney
Beasts of No Nation should've won Best Picture in 2015.  That was one that's good so far.

Yeah, better example.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Yeah, Beasts of No Nation was pretty great. But it was an indie movie that Netflix bought distribution rights to, they didn't really produce it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: celedhring on October 17, 2017, 07:57:43 AM
Yeah, Beasts of No Nation was pretty great. But it was an indie movie that Netflix bought distribution rights to, they didn't really produce it.

Yes, leave it to the unattributed screenwriter member of the Communist Party to be a douche about the definition. :P

QuoteA "Netflix Original" is content that is produced, co-produced, or distributed by Netflix exclusively on their services.

When my sister and I went to a House of Cards casting call and watched a location shoot, I didn't see a single big red "Netflix" sign anywhere.

celedhring

Over here The Expanse and Star Trek Discovery are marketed as "Netflix Originals". The term is just meaningless, really.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on October 17, 2017, 11:32:09 AM
Over here The Expanse and Star Trek Discovery are marketed as "Netflix Originals". The term is just meaningless, really.

Yeah same here.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: celedhring on October 17, 2017, 11:32:09 AM

I'm glad you're on top of it then.

Tamas

Valmy

You know what I have always wanted to see? Han Solo not played by Harrison Ford. So glad Hollywood is giving me this thing everybody has desperately been asking for.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."