News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 17, 2017, 12:09:26 PM
You know what I have always wanted to see? Han Solo not played by Harrison Ford. So glad Hollywood is giving me this thing everybody has desperately been asking for.

Why not, he sure as shit hasn't wanted to do it for decades.

Liep

Quote from: KRonn on October 16, 2017, 08:03:16 PM
Quote from: Liep on October 14, 2017, 09:12:33 AM
Alien Covenant

What a turd of a movie.

I wasn't too impressed with it either.

No, not good enough. Everybody should actively hate this movie. It's beyond horrible.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Quote from: Liep on October 17, 2017, 01:12:38 PM
Alien Covenant

What a turd of a movie.

No, not good enough. Everybody should actively hate this movie. It's beyond horrible.

What's its main smelling point?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

Quote from: The Brain on October 17, 2017, 01:23:30 PM
What's its main smelling point?

Possibly that they make Fassbender smell. Twice.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Quote from: Liep on October 17, 2017, 01:12:38 PM
Alien Covenant

What a turd of a movie.

I'm going to do the next best thing, and just not watch it in the first place. That way, I'll never know if I hate it or not.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

I have never seen any of the Alien movies. I keep figuring I would get around to seeing the first two at some point. Zero interest in the rest.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on October 17, 2017, 01:31:29 PM
I have never seen any of the Alien movies. I keep figuring I would get around to seeing the first two at some point. Zero interest in the rest.

What. The. Fuck.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 17, 2017, 12:38:18 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 17, 2017, 12:09:26 PM
You know what I have always wanted to see? Han Solo not played by Harrison Ford. So glad Hollywood is giving me this thing everybody has desperately been asking for.

Why not, he sure as shit hasn't wanted to do it for decades.

Which is why they have wisely not made any movies about him. Thank God he did not show up as a little kid in the prequels. He was actually the only major character to avoid that horrid fate.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

FunkMonk

Lmao
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Quote from: The Brain on October 17, 2017, 01:32:12 PM

What. The. Fuck.
No shit, for once the brain and I are in agreement.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on October 17, 2017, 01:32:12 PM

What. The. Fuck.

When I was a kid they looked too scary...and since then it is not like people just put on Alien for a chill afternoon. I rarely watch movies anyway.

Malthus

The first two were good, but of somewhat different genres - the first was more of a horror movie; the second, more of an action flick.

The rest - I agree, don't bother.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Weirdo.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 17, 2017, 01:34:33 PM

Weirdo.

This
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

I like the 3rd, not as good but still worth a watch. I really like the setting.