News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Watch the first. Then watch the second. Then stop.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Liep on October 17, 2017, 01:35:13 PM
I like the 3rd, not as good but still worth a watch. I really like the setting.

Third was interesting.  Not sure it was good or not.  Never watched past that.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on October 17, 2017, 01:36:51 PM

Not missing anything.
The rest after 3 would be like watching the autopsy of a crash victim.  Followed by another autopsy.  And another.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 17, 2017, 01:38:14 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 17, 2017, 01:36:51 PM

Not missing anything.
The rest after 3 would be like watching the autopsy of a crash victim.  Followed by another autopsy.  And another.

That's been my take on the situation.  Never felt like I missed out on anything.

Berkut

Is it really the case that the only way to watch the new Star Trek is to subscribe to yet another fucking streaming service?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on October 17, 2017, 03:55:34 PM
Is it really the case that the only way to watch the new Star Trek is to subscribe to yet another fucking streaming service?

Yes.  Unless if you live outside of Canada/US, where it's on Netflix.

That being said I don't regret it.

Habbaku

There are others ways.  :pirate
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

dps

Yeah, the setting was interesting.  Too bad the plot sucked.

Josephus

Get used to it. That's the way TV watching is heading. Cord cutters will find it soon cheaper just to shut up and get cable.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

frunk

Quote from: Josephus on October 17, 2017, 05:56:07 PM

Get used to it. That's the way TV watching is heading. Cord cutters will find it soon cheaper just to shut up and get cable.

I only ever paid for cable for one year.  I don't like their business model and I have no interest in throwing them money.  So no, I won't be getting cable, even if all the streaming services went out of business tomorrow.

Of course I also don't like the balkanization of streaming, so I won't be signing up for CBS's service just to get one show.  I think niche streaming services will tend to die off (see SeeSo, Crackle, go90).

Habbaku

Depends on how much and what kind of TV you truly want to watch. A la carte pricing is slowly becoming a reality, and for those of us that don't ever watch 95% of cable TV's offerings, it's still going to be better to pay for a handful of streaming services over the $60-120/month price of cable packages.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on October 17, 2017, 06:21:03 PM

Depends on how much and what kind of TV you truly want to watch. A la carte pricing is slowly becoming a reality, and for those of us that don't ever watch 95% of cable TV's offerings, it's still going to be better to pay for a handful of streaming services over the $60-120/month price of cable packages.

Well, good luck with that 2 years from now under a Trump Administration FCC. After he's through with dismantling net neutrality, Ajit Pai is going to personally supervise everybody plugging back into cable TV circa 1995.

Josephus

Trainspotting II on TV. Worth watching, Languish?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Possibly. I'm not watching it though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on October 17, 2017, 08:10:34 PM
Trainspotting II on TV. Worth watching, Languish?

Based solely on the fact I didn't know it existed: no.