Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Liep on December 26, 2016, 07:43:47 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 25, 2016, 10:10:38 PM
Quote from: viper37 on December 25, 2016, 10:04:12 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 25, 2016, 07:11:12 PM
Black Sails....yes or no? What say you?
definite YES!

season 1 is slow.  season 2 picks up the pace and by the end of season 3, you will be hooked and shocked!
This.  Season 1 was mediocre at best.  I think I only came back for season 2 because I thought the blonde was hot.  It definitely picked up though.

So it's a good idea to skip s1 entirely? I watched 2 episodes and decided it was shit although I agree with Yi on the T&A.

I might have made it through three before deciding the same....

I like my titties and such as much as the next guy. Well, probably more actually.

But there has to be some there there at some point in a TV show...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on December 26, 2016, 11:34:25 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 26, 2016, 11:23:32 AM
Look, Ma! No imagination!

God, let it die already. :(

What do you think will happen first:  a new total reboot for a "new generation of fans," or a Marvel crossover?

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 26, 2016, 12:07:07 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 26, 2016, 11:34:25 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 26, 2016, 11:23:32 AM
Look, Ma! No imagination!

God, let it die already. :(

What do you think will happen first:  a new total reboot for a "new generation of fans," or a Marvel crossover?

I would have said Marvel crossover, but it looks like the Aliens comics were not done by Marvel (I seem to recall that all Marvel comics supposedly share one (multidimensional?) universe). :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on December 26, 2016, 12:26:00 PM
I would have said Marvel crossover, but it looks like the Aliens comics were not done by Marvel (I seem to recall that all Marvel comics supposedly share one (multidimensional?) universe). :P

Great. So we'll get a Christopher Nolan DC reboot?  Because dark brooding is exactly what the Alien franchise needs.

Syt

The old AvP comics were Dark Horse, IIRC. Now, Marvel has all the Star Wars DH comics, but that's probably because of their brand deal.

TBH, I would trust Marvel to at least do something entertaining with the property. As it stands, Alien: Isolation is the best thing to come from the universe since the 3rd movie.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

KRonn

I saw Sully. Good movie, I liked it.

Also saw Magnificent 7. Pretty good movie, standard western shoot-em-up.

Admiral Yi

Watched Hail Caesar last night.  All the homages to 40's Hollywood are cute and clever, but it is painfully underplotted.  I was thinking, OK, they've laid out all this background, let's see what interesting happens next.  Then the end credits rolled.

Tilda Swinton badly miscast as twin gossip columnists.

Admiral Yi

Also watched a good chunk of Sabrina.  I remember Siskel and Ebert discussing this like it was a serious grownup movie, but I thought it was juvenile.  1980s high school movie with adults instead of teens.

Julia Ormond sure is nice looking though. :wub:

viper37

So it's a good idea to skip s1 entirely? I watched 2 episodes and decided it was shit although I agree with Yi on the T&A.
No, season 1 establishes who are the characters, in all their complexity, and you'll need it to understand/better appreciate the events that unfold in S2 and S3.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 26, 2016, 02:18:48 PM
Also watched a good chunk of Sabrina.  I remember Siskel and Ebert discussing this like it was a serious grownup movie, but I thought it was juvenile.  1980s high school movie with adults instead of teens.

Julia Ormond sure is nice looking though. :wub:

The original with Aubre Hepburn and Bogie was better.

Agree on JO though.

Liep

Quote from: viper37 on December 26, 2016, 02:34:10 PM
No, season 1 establishes who are the characters, in all their complexity, and you'll need it to understand/better appreciate the events that unfold in S2 and S3.

So skip completely, got it. :thumbsup: :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barb_Wire_(film)

QuoteBarb Wire is set in 2017 during the "Second American Civil War,"

:hmm:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on December 27, 2016, 07:44:53 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barb_Wire_(film)

QuoteBarb Wire is set in 2017 during the "Second American Civil War,"

:hmm:

God, that movie was bad.  Who thought that remaking Casablanca with Pamela Anderson was a good idea?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Ghostbusters, the new one. Absolutely boring.  Reminded me of Bridesmaid.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.  Not enough fights, but still a decent movie.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.