News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on December 27, 2016, 12:17:16 PM
Ghostbusters, the new one. Absolutely boring.  Reminded me of Bridesmaid.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.  Not enough fights, but still a decent movie.

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Saw Arrival yesterday. Not sure I should have watched it right after eating a steak and downing two beers. I was a bit drowsy and, I don't know, not sure I got it.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Five Weeks in a Balloon. Pretty dumb plotwise. A British general, an inventor and a newspaperman race against slavers to reach the Volta River first. Because planting a flag there keeps the slavers from plying their trade somehow.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 21, 2016, 11:21:46 PM
Finished The Man in the High Castle.

Rufus Sewell and the two main Japanese actors really carry the show.

Season 2 was better than Season 1 in pretty much every respect.

Agreed on the best actors/characters and that Season 2 was more interesting. I guess [spoiler]I got my answer on how they were going to resolve issue of them using films instead of a book, like the novel used...they just created an entirely different story! Which I think works well and is less of the 'gotcha' that novel ending would have in a modern tv show.[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

I binged watched The OA at the suggestion of my son.  I thought it was excellent.  It seems inspired by the themes Eco explored in his books - which is probably why I enjoyed it so much :)

celedhring

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 29, 2016, 11:18:17 AM
I binged watched The OA at the suggestion of my son.  I thought it was excellent.  It seems inspired by the themes Eco explored in his books - which is probably why I enjoyed it so much :)

Then I will have to watch it. I love Eco's fiction work. I was a bit on the edge because the reviews seem mixed, and I'm a bit exhausted of "mystery box" tv shows.

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on December 29, 2016, 11:28:09 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 29, 2016, 11:18:17 AM

Then I will have to watch it. I love Eco's fiction work. I was a bit on the edge because the reviews seem mixed, and I'm a bit exhausted of "mystery box" tv shows.

I think you will enjoy it  :)

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on December 29, 2016, 11:06:22 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on December 21, 2016, 11:21:46 PM
Finished The Man in the High Castle.

Rufus Sewell and the two main Japanese actors really carry the show.

Season 2 was better than Season 1 in pretty much every respect.

Agreed on the best actors/characters and that Season 2 was more interesting. I guess [spoiler]I got my answer on how they were going to resolve issue of them using films instead of a book, like the novel used...they just created an entirely different story! Which I think works well and is less of the 'gotcha' that novel ending would have in a modern tv show.[/spoiler]

It's a good thing that the new showrunners gave up on Spotnitz infatuation with Frank. Fuck that guy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

My sons wanted to watch Captain America Civil War. My brain cells died.

And Scarlett Johansson just keeps getting more doughy in that leather outfit with each successive movie.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 29, 2016, 08:56:18 PM
And Scarlett Johansson just keeps getting more doughy in that leather outfit with each successive movie.

She's a curvy girl that had to puke out 30 pounds to fit in it the first time.

Ed Anger

I like my gals under 125 pounds.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi