News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Stranger Things: neat little show (A-)
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Duque de Bragança

Eddie Teach

Macho posturing aside, Pride and Prejudice is a brilliant novel.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 25, 2016, 05:41:38 PM
Macho posturing aside, Pride and Prejudice is a brilliant novel.

It's a lovely novel.  There are times when I wish *all* the dialogue weren't so elliptical.  It can get tiring.

Admiral Yi

And her other novels can be pretty dreary reading, at least the ones I've made an attempt at.

11B4V

Black Sails....yes or no? What say you?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on December 25, 2016, 07:11:12 PM

Good T&A, pirates are all pretty boys, too soap operish, I vote no.

viper37

definite YES!

season 1 is slow.  season 2 picks up the pace and by the end of season 3, you will be hooked and shocked!
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: viper37 on December 25, 2016, 10:04:12 PM
definite YES!

season 1 is slow.  season 2 picks up the pace and by the end of season 3, you will be hooked and shocked!
This.  Season 1 was mediocre at best.  I think I only came back for season 2 because I thought the blonde was hot.  It definitely picked up though.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

11B4V

Thanks guys, ill roll into it.

The Brain

Flashdance is on TV. I feel empowered.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

The male cast version of Ghostbusters is on TV too. I feel empowered.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 25, 2016, 10:10:38 PM
Quote from: viper37 on December 25, 2016, 10:04:12 PM
definite YES!

This.  Season 1 was mediocre at best.  I think I only came back for season 2 because I thought the blonde was hot.  It definitely picked up though.

So it's a good idea to skip s1 entirely? I watched 2 episodes and decided it was shit although I agree with Yi on the T&A.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.