Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I got DirectTv and there is nothing on.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 26, 2016, 07:12:52 PM
I got DirectTv and there is nothing on.

Road House is on. Same with Shawshank.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Seen them both. Shawshank a bit too much.

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on October 25, 2016, 06:43:14 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 25, 2016, 06:42:09 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 25, 2016, 06:41:06 PM
Is 'Revolutionary Road' the di Caprio and WInslett get back together film worth watching?

I've never lasted more than five minutes.

OK, thanks for that; I sort of figured it'll go that way, given the synopsis.  :(

I vaguely remember liking it. But it was a long time ago
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Ed's racist Soylet Green review:

A freighting vision of Hillary's America, overrun by all the muds and other scum she let into the country. A place where hard working white Anglo-Saxons have to scrum in the streets for food, opressed by Hillary's jackbooted thugs.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

I bet Basecop beats off to Roadhouse.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 26, 2016, 09:12:10 PM
I bet Basecop beats off to Roadhouse.

Old movie Skippy and a C- at best.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Sam Elliott + Ben Gazzara = B-

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2016, 07:09:44 PM
Is that streaming aggregator going to take precipitation into consideration?

No.  Because it will be delivered online, not satellite.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Martinus

So, anyone seen Dr Strange already? I am seeing very good reviews all around. It might be the rare movie I will see in a cinema (the last one was Guardians of Galaxy).

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on October 28, 2016, 08:33:09 AM
It might be the rare movie I will see in a cinema (the last one was Guardians of Galaxy).

Same. Didn't even manage to catch Star Wars.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 28, 2016, 08:33:09 AM
So, anyone seen Dr Strange already? I am seeing very good reviews all around. It might be the rare movie I will see in a cinema (the last one was Guardians of Galaxy).

I only know one person who saw it. He said it was okay but that Cumberbatch had a terrible American accent.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

The current telenovela I've been watching is Clase 406; which is somewhere between "Stand and Deliver" and Beverly Colinas 90210.  Strangely the series seems to confirm Donald Trump's view on Mexicans:

Rapists? Check!
Drug Dealers?  Check!
Murderers?  Check!
Bad Hombres?  Check and double check!

So maybe Trump is just a fan of Telenovelas and developed his world-view from them.

Also the series features a sleazy modeling agency which lures innocent young chicas into a world of prostitution; and apparently Mexican high school is a 24/7 cat fight (RAWR!)  It's truly marvelous television.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on October 28, 2016, 10:41:25 AM
The current telenovela I've been watching is Clase 406; which is somewhere between "Stand and Deliver" and Beverly Colinas 90210.  Strangely the series seems to confirm Donald Trump's view on Mexicans:

Rapists? Check!
Drug Dealers?  Check!
Murderers?  Check!
Bad Hombres?  Check and double check!

So maybe Trump is just a fan of Telenovelas and developed his world-view from them.

Also the series features a sleazy modeling agency which lures innocent young chicas into a world of prostitution; and apparently Mexican high school is a 24/7 cat fight (RAWR!)  It's truly marvelous television.

Consider this disturbing thought: if Americans learn to understand the realities of Mexico by watching Telenovelas on TV, and Mexico is right across the border - just imagine the worldview space aliens are getting of Humanity as a whole, from listening in on broadcast TV.  :hmm:

No wonder they haven't contacted us yet, except to indulge in anal probings.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius