Chinese Warships Encroach on Japanese Territorial Waters

Started by jimmy olsen, April 14, 2010, 04:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

You know what? I am sick of this book-cooking slimey mofos we call the Chinese. How fucking happy I was to get some good money out of the stock market rally of recent days, then I bet on one of THEM, and they stall their earnings report for like the second time.

Evacuate Mono then let the nukes fly. :ultra:

Martinus

OMG. Earthquakes in China. Volcanos in Iceland. China and Venezuela prepare for war.

The Polish government dies and all the hell suddenly breaks loose!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on April 15, 2010, 09:20:42 AM
You know what? I am sick of this book-cooking slimey mofos we call the Chinese. How fucking happy I was to get some good money out of the stock market rally of recent days, then I bet on one of THEM, and they stall their earnings report for like the second time.

I guess we learned not to invest in Chink stocks, haven't we?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 15, 2010, 09:31:37 AM

I guess we learned not to invest in Chink stocks, haven't we?

We did :cry:

Ed Anger

You'd done better with Palm, since it was a pretty good bet somebody is going to pick them off eventually in a takeover.*

*I does not hold itself out as providing any legal, financial or other advice. I also do not make any recommendation or endorsement as to any investment, advisor or other service or product or to any material submitted by third parties or linked to this website. In addition,I do not offer any advice regarding the nature, potential value or suitability of any particular investment, security or investment strategy.

Tamas

Considering that on the Chinese stock I crashed and burned like a Marty love affair in its 7th hour, its safe to say I would have been better off with a soon-to-be-tanking mobile company, yes.

Jacob

Quote from: Tamas on April 15, 2010, 10:04:38 AMWe did :cry:

A good lesson.  I'm pretty pro China, especially compared to you lot, but I'd never invest in Chinese stocks.

The only way I'd consider investing in China is if I know someone there I trust who's about to start a business that's convincing.  I wouldn't invest in stocks at all.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 15, 2010, 03:11:44 PM
You'd done better with Palm, since it was a pretty good bet somebody is going to pick them off eventually in a takeover.*

*I does not hold itself out as providing any legal, financial or other advice. I also do not make any recommendation or endorsement as to any investment, advisor or other service or product or to any material submitted by third parties or linked to this website. In addition,I do not offer any advice regarding the nature, potential value or suitability of any particular investment, security or investment strategy.

Terrible advice Ed.  While someone will probably buy out Palm eventually, it'll only be for the value of their patent portfolio.  The stock still has a long ways it could fall.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on April 15, 2010, 03:27:33 PM
Terrible advice Ed.  While someone will probably buy out Palm eventually, it'll only be for the value of their patent portfolio.  The stock still has a long ways it could fall.

If Palm's patent portfolio had significant value, you'd think they would have been asserting it like hell already...

Ed Anger

I'm up over a dollar so far. YOUR ANALYSIS SUCKS.

And I wasn't giving advice. Read the goddamn disclaimer.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 15, 2010, 05:07:59 PM

I'm up over a dollar so far. YOUR ANALYSIS SUCKS.

And some people made money on Bre-X and Enron too.

Doesn't make it a good investment.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Do not worry, I am not touching Palm, and I advise everyone against it, unless they have money to play with :P

CountDeMoney

Isn't that being a little bit excessive?  Evacuating Mono, that is.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on April 15, 2010, 03:25:08 PM
Considering that on the Chinese stock I crashed and burned like a Marty love affair in its 7th hour, its safe to say I would have been better off with a soon-to-be-tanking mobile company, yes.

:lol:

I'm not keeping most of Palm anyways, once I see what it does today.  :)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 14, 2010, 12:20:17 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 14, 2010, 06:00:42 AM
Alright. I guess Japan needs to build more boats then.

Japan recently launched this aircraft carrier helicopter destroyer

They've got another one in construction and a third that's like 1/3rd bigger on the drawing board.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point