Chinese Warships Encroach on Japanese Territorial Waters

Started by jimmy olsen, April 14, 2010, 04:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 14, 2010, 05:25:05 PM
Great. Now he'll use those in addition to his chronic overuse of the exclamation point.

Appalling.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Neil

Quote from: Faeelin on April 14, 2010, 11:49:51 AM
Siege's comments aside, I do wonder how China has been thinking about the past few years. You have American troops in Afghanistan, bases in Central Asia, troops in South Korea, Taiwan and Japan are US allies, rapproachment with India...

From Beijing's perspective it must look an awful lot like American encirclement.
China must surely be happy to know that they could 'liberate' SE Asia the way they did Tibet.  Nobody there is allied to the US.

That said, I'm not sure how important encirclement is in a modern security setting.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Japan must embark on a program of dreadnought construction.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 14, 2010, 05:17:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 14, 2010, 03:50:46 PM
Languish in the morning with all the Timmay threads is like reading the Drudge report, only without a flashing siren graphic.

CHINESE INVADE JAPAN!
Saved.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 14, 2010, 12:20:17 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 14, 2010, 06:00:42 AM
Alright. I guess Japan needs to build more boats then.

Japan recently launched this aircraft carrier helicopter destroyer

Everyone and their dog has those things now, or similar.
South Korea's Dokdo, technically an amphibious assault ship, but it can carry helos and possibly F-35s:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

It doesn't make sense for Japan to build carriers.  Dreadnoughts are much more sensible.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on April 14, 2010, 07:18:01 PM
It doesn't make sense for Japan to build carriers.  Dreadnoughts are much more sensible.

Indeed.  There's always the off chance they'll get sucked 100 years into the past and become English.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on April 14, 2010, 07:29:45 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 14, 2010, 07:18:01 PM
Indeed.  There's always the off chance they'll get sucked 100 years into the past and become English.
No there isn't.

Razgovory

Then I guess dreadnoughts aren't very sensible after all.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on April 14, 2010, 07:53:26 PM
Then I guess dreadnoughts aren't very sensible after all.
Leave naval strategy to me.  You can't handle the truth.

Razgovory

Razgovory

I just wanted to get in on the whole alarming thing. :(

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Razgovory on April 14, 2010, 09:11:20 PM
I just wanted to get in on the whole alarming thing. :(

You too?

There is a disturbing trend here  :hmm:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?