And we're back!

Main Menu

Why I hate fucking Catholic scumbags

Started by Martinus, April 13, 2010, 03:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on April 14, 2010, 02:55:06 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2010, 02:25:40 PM

You seemed quite concerned about this whole PPG issue.

Not concerned so much; just amazed that such a thing exists. I guess I don't get out much. It just seems so Clockwork Orange, does it not?

It's the best way to measure a reaction to sexual stimuli, and it's evidence has passed the Daubert test and been accepted in court.

But yeah, it is somewhat amusing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

QuoteDaubert test

Did it pass the Dilbert test?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 14, 2010, 03:39:56 PM
QuoteDaubert test

Did it pass the Dilbert test?

YEs - I believe merely mentioning a scientific device that measures the tumescence of a penis manages to get more laughs theen the entire back catalogue of Dilbert comics.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2010, 12:15:14 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2010, 11:58:44 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2010, 06:48:02 PM
Plus most of what I know is from either a really interesting, but only 2 hour long, talk by a psychiatrist who studied in particular adolescent sexual offenders, plus a large number, but purely anecdotal, experience in dealing with allegations of sexual offences.
It is questionable whether an adolescent sex offender could even be regarded as a pedophile - a 17 yo having sex with a 14 yo is definitely not a pedophile - it's just one teen boning another.

I've been dealing with a case of a 14 year old having sex with a 10 year old.  I consulted with several experts who all said 'it depends'.  The kid could be a budding pedophile, or not.  We're in the midst of getting the kid assessed to try and find out.

You can't generalize in talking about sex offenders.

See, this is the kind of moronic mindset I am talking about here. How do you even determine which one is a "sex offender" if both of them are minors?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2010, 02:25:40 PM
he had sex with a candy striper at least 3 times a day while in the hospital recovering from the car accident...
No. Fucking. Way.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2010, 05:15:43 PM
See, this is the kind of moronic mindset I am talking about here. How do you even determine which one is a "sex offender" if both of them are minors?

If one of them is non-consenting, the other is the offender.

??

That'd be my guess.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 14, 2010, 05:20:17 PM

If one of them is non-consenting, the other is the offender.

??

That'd be my guess.

you do realize that minors are considered unable to give consent, so your response is retarded.

BB didn't say the 14 yo raped the 10 yo but "had sex with". I am going to assume there was no coercion.

Barrister

I am not at all comfortable discussing this file and will say nothing more, other than there is plenty more that I am not telling you, both in the facts and in how our office is dealing with it.

Ed Anger

Lets discuss it in the back room where Mart has no access. And talk behind his back also.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 14, 2010, 05:39:13 PM
Lets discuss it in the back room where Mart has no access.

No.

And talk behind his back also.

Now you're talking...

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2010, 05:38:04 PM

I am not at all comfortable discussing this file and will say nothing more, other than there is plenty more that I am not telling you, both in the facts and in how our office is dealing with it.

Fine. Perhaps you shouldn't bring up such examples then if, when called on their inconsistency or lack of logic, you hide behind secrecy?

Ok answer my general question earlier then - if two teenagers have sex with each other, and there is no evidence of rape, is any of them (both?) a sexual offender?

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 13, 2010, 08:20:50 PM
I think it more likely that pedophiles are equal opportunity abusers.  Take Clifford Olsen for example.
doubt that.
Heard the testimony of one pedophile, caught by an undercover journalist, and he was showing the journalist his pictures with his pedo friends, describing their preferences.  Some like older boys, some prefered girls, and another one he said "a 5 year old doesn't bother him".

Sort of like serial killers.  A serial killer picks his targets according to is mo and usually sticks with it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

probably the same way you determine if a 14 year old committing another crime can be judged has an adult.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on April 14, 2010, 09:42:54 PM
Or a guy who's into mens feet.
that would be really creapy.  Such guys should be jailed immediatly, to prevent future abuses.  I think they're closer to psychopaths than anything else.

Did you have someone particular in mind?

;)