News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Why I hate fucking Catholic scumbags

Started by Martinus, April 13, 2010, 03:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 13, 2010, 08:20:50 PM
I dont know of any studies linking homosexuality to a propensity for pedophilia.  I doubt it exists.  I think it more likely that pedophiles are equal opportunity abusers.  Take Clifford Olsen for example.

Well that goes back to the initial point I was disagreeing with Marty about.  As far as I know you can't characterize pedophiles - some only like little boys, some only like little girls, and some are equal opportunity abusers.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2010, 11:14:05 AM
I dont know of any studies linking homosexuality to a propensity for pedophilia.  I doubt it exists.  I think it more likely that pedophiles are equal opportunity abusers.  Take Clifford Olsen for example.

Well that goes back to the initial point I was disagreeing with Marty about.  As far as I know you can't characterize pedophiles - some only like little boys, some only like little girls, and some are equal opportunity abusers.

Haven't seen the evidence about only liking one sex.  The lengthy report I posted a link to suggests that pedophiles are attracted to both boys and girls.  It is their pre-pubescence that is the attraction not their gender.  It may be that a particular pedophile had only male or female victims but that is likely a function of opportunity rather then desire.

Martinus

Quote from: Josephus on April 14, 2010, 10:33:01 AM
I was alluding to a four point argument that Marti made, that was nicely quashed by BB (granted you don't need a law degree to do that
What the fuck are you talking about? He didn't "quash" anything - he addressed one point out of 4 and quoted some anecdotal evidence - nothing more.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2010, 06:48:02 PM
Plus most of what I know is from either a really interesting, but only 2 hour long, talk by a psychiatrist who studied in particular adolescent sexual offenders, plus a large number, but purely anecdotal, experience in dealing with allegations of sexual offences.
It is questionable whether an adolescent sex offender could even be regarded as a pedophile - a 17 yo having sex with a 14 yo is definitely not a pedophile - it's just one teen boning another.

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2010, 11:22:41 AM

Haven't seen the evidence about only liking one sex.  The lengthy report I posted a link to suggests that pedophiles are attracted to both boys and girls.  It is their pre-pubescence that is the attraction not their gender.  It may be that a particular pedophile had only male or female victims but that is likely a function of opportunity rather then desire.

That is my understanding as well. And for the reasons I mentioned, pedophiles will probably have more opportunities to get access to kids of the same gender than of the opposite gender.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2010, 11:58:44 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2010, 06:48:02 PM
Plus most of what I know is from either a really interesting, but only 2 hour long, talk by a psychiatrist who studied in particular adolescent sexual offenders, plus a large number, but purely anecdotal, experience in dealing with allegations of sexual offences.
It is questionable whether an adolescent sex offender could even be regarded as a pedophile - a 17 yo having sex with a 14 yo is definitely not a pedophile - it's just one teen boning another.

I've been dealing with a case of a 14 year old having sex with a 10 year old.  I consulted with several experts who all said 'it depends'.  The kid could be a budding pedophile, or not.  We're in the midst of getting the kid assessed to try and find out.

You can't generalize in talking about sex offenders.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2010, 09:39:46 AM
Quote from: Josephus on April 14, 2010, 07:11:41 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 13, 2010, 09:12:11 PM
Quote from: Josephus on April 13, 2010, 09:09:22 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 13, 2010, 07:04:09 PM
If there is one job that would attract pedophiles/gays even more than priesthood, it would have to be the job of administrating the PPG tests.

There is such a thing? For real? Isn't a boner, a boner? Can boners be quantified? Measured? Studied? Contemplated? Analysed....Anal...heh, I said anal..

Yep, it has been a standard test for detecting sexual deviancy for some time.  Basically you flash pictures and see what response you get.

I don't think it's a fair test. Some people are naturally more inclined to boners easier than others. For instance, a couple years ago I----wait...I'm not going to tell languish that story.

There is a base line taken first.  If you boner by looking at trees swaying in the wind, they take that into consideration.

Apparently it can be somewhat challenging to use the PPG on your males (18 or so), becausesome of them will get a boner over anything and everything.

Barrister

I can only site the one psychiatrist from the Ontario Crown School session on Sex and Domestic Violence II who said otherwise.

Malthus

I've certainly seen anecdotal reports concerning abusers who only appear to like children of one gender or another. I don't think they are all the same in being indifferent - though certainly, many are.

Point being that even if they all were indifferent, it would still give the wholly inaccurate illusion that homosexuality was linked to pedophilia, simply because all else being equal, if pedos who molest boys are labelled as "gay", then they would far outnumber in percentage of total pedophiles the number of gay men as a percentage of total men.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2010, 12:16:52 PM

Apparently it can be somewhat challenging to use the PPG on your males (18 or so), becausesome of them will get a boner over anything and everything.

I would think so. A young man's imagination would turn anything he's seeing into something he'd rather be seeing when it comes to sex.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2010, 12:15:14 PM

I've been dealing with a case of a 14 year old having sex with a 10 year old.  I consulted with several experts who all said 'it depends'.  The kid could be a budding pedophile, or not.  We're in the midst of getting the kid assessed to try and find out.

What kind of assessments? Do they include boner tests?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on April 14, 2010, 02:10:30 PM

Not quite sure what kind of assessment will be done (I don't have the results yet, and I'm uncomfortable talking about the case in any event), but no - as I understand it it was determined that using the PPG test would be unethical on a minor, since it involves showing a series of sexually provocative images and sounds to a young person (even though the images themselves are PG rated).

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on April 14, 2010, 02:10:30 PM

You seemed quite concerned about this whole PPG issue.

By the way, as a law clerk, I saw a personal injury case where a young man claiming an accident caused impotance fooled the PPG test.  The opposite of your boner if the wind picks up theory.

The thing that caught him is there were witnesses that testified he had sex with a candy striper at least 3 times a day while in the hospital recovering from the car accident...

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2010, 11:55:40 AM
Quote from: Josephus on April 14, 2010, 10:33:01 AM
I was alluding to a four point argument that Marti made, that was nicely quashed by BB (granted you don't need a law degree to do that
What the fuck are you talking about? He didn't "quash" anything - he addressed one point out of 4 and quoted some anecdotal evidence - nothing more.

Totally quashed.  Quashed like Squash. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2010, 02:25:40 PM

You seemed quite concerned about this whole PPG issue.

Not concerned so much; just amazed that such a thing exists. I guess I don't get out much. It just seems so Clockwork Orange, does it not?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011